Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A bit of a leaving bash for Ben

Pity it's so blerrie far (Lincomb and Lesotho). Back at work already by then too so unlikely to make it. But have a blast!

Ill be there.

Got to have one night of taking the pxxs out of the youngen :icon-biggrin:

Happy to chip in.

What the plan on time getting there?

My thoughts would be lunchtime onwards to have time to pitch tents while it's light and get the fire ready for lighting?

Sounds good Trev 6 am it is then :icon-wink:

Whats all this pitch tent shxx? You just open a door dont you. step inside 25c and kick the shoes off and take the coat off:icon-biggrin: Or are you sluming it as you loved it so much lat time we went laning :icon-biggrin:

<chuckle> I was being polite Karl, I'll be bringing me slippers and smoking jacket to recline in the 25 degrees smoking room. That last tent experience in Wales nearly finished me off mate. Gone all nesh in me old age.

Last edited:
<chuckle> I was being polite Karl, I'll be bringing me slippers and smoking jacket to recline in the 25 degrees smoking room. That last tent experience in Wales nearly finished me off mate. Gone all nesh in me old age.

:lol::lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, Ben is coming to the other side of the world.
With all his experience, I would have thought he would have driven there.

Haven't booked that container yet have you Ben?

Gra.

:lol: I was being polite Karl, I'll be bringing me slippers and smoking jacket to recline in the 25 degrees smoking room. That last tent experience in Wales nearly finished me off mate. Gone all nesh in me old age.

Another reason to buy an 80! :dance:

You will be able to sleep inside the truck like Karl does! :icon-wink:

Yes, Ben is coming to the other side of the world.
With all his experience, I would have thought he would have driven there.

Haven't booked that container yet have you Ben?

Gra.

Would love to Gra but not really feasible ATM. :thumbdown:

one day I'd like to drive back to the UK from OZ. :icon-cool:

Havnt booked the container yet no.

Cant decide whether to pay John Mason £1800 to ship a container from my house to Melbourne, and then find a shipping agent/removal company in OZ to deliver it to my new address.

Or whether to pay the £3000 they want to ship to Melbourne, clear customs and deliver to my new address. :think:

Need to get a quote from some Ozzie companies to clear my container through customs and deliver to my new address I think. :icon-smile:

Depending on dates and the like, might be able to hire a trailer and pick it up with my 80.

Thats a very kind offer thanks Paul. :clap:

If we do that I wonder if I still need an agent to clear my stuff through customs. :think:

I know you can do it yourself, but most people use an agent. :?

Not sure on that one, if you have a quick look at pomsinoz there is a guy thats ships vehicles for you but is good at answering any questions around the transport.

Hi Gra,

My truck is no longer insured so I cant drive it to Southampton.

I've also got loads of tools and stuff I need to ship, so a container seems the best solution.

Not really keen on giving some one my keys and letting them drive my truck on a RORO ferry. :think:

Right then, Sat 5th Jan at Lincomb it is then.

So far I think we have:-

Rob
TonyToyota
Gav
Jon
Me

Ben may have a couple of his mates popping along too.

Tony has very kindly waived camping fees but a contribution by each for loo usage would be appreciated......stands by for incoming toilet humour. The shower blocks have now been winterised so not available but I'm sure we'll all survive for a night.

Does anyone have a firepit they could bring along? This is so we don't knacker up the field surface. Tony is able to provide firewood if required and if so there is a cost as he will need to take time out to physically chop and prepare some so we would need a whip round to cover that.

Ben has a few 4x4 DVD's and has suggested if anyone has a laptop/projector to bring it along if possible.

This will be the last chance to give Ben a send off, share some beers around the fire and have a good natter.

Trev

I've got another 3 people confirmed and waiting to hear back from another 2. :thumbup:

All being well we should be down although camping has been disapproved so it might just be a day visit.

Andy

If I can make it I will be coming up with Trev. Sounds a fantastic idea so would be a shame to miss it. Hopefully see you all there.

I wish you all the best for that. Always a good bash when you get Cruisers together. Would be up for it but on the 5th I shall be on a ferry headed for Arran.

Have fun. Next stop sunny Oz! They're bound to have internet or something like it Ben. Probably called the Internit, or maybe the Wib? You'll be able to get 'on loyne', nah worries.

Chris

Would love to join, Ben, but I'm in Ireland until the 6th.

All the best for the move though! Hope all falls into place and I look forward to following your trips on that side! :)

Back