Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A bit of a leaving bash for Ben

Andy, Chris mann be nice to see you both again. :thumbup:

Chris, Leopard, no worries guys, thanks. :icon-biggrin:

1 of the things I enjoy most about the Lincomb weekends is the social side of it. So really looking forward to just sitting round the camp fire with a few beers talking cruisers all night. :icon-cool:

Hi Ben,
Sounds like a great life change, just watch out for the poisonous bits! Take care and have fun, are you going to ship your cruiser or start again?

Ps thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Thanks. :thumbup:

Yes taking my cruiser. :violin:

Very excited now. Going to be booking my flight and container within the next few days. :dance:

Unfortunately not going t,o be able to make it Ben, but have a good one. Good luck (not that you need it) in Oz, I'm sure you will have a blast.

Only a week to go, looking forward to it already. For those of us who are staying overnight, we need to talk about fuel for the fire. Tony can provide us with 2M3 for £100 and knowing the rate we get through wood we probably need it.

To give Tony a fighting chance to get this amount prepared in time (sorry Tony I should have posted this a bit earlier) can you quickly post up your thoughts please?

2m^3 sounds like a lot for a handful of us, but I may be wrong. I don't mind paying my share for the firewood.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be honest Rob, I can visualise a 6 foot cube in my head but have no idea how slow or quickly it would burn. I'll defer to those who may know more about these things but we do need some fuel, maybe the quantity needs to be reviewed given a firepit is being used rather than the usual fire on the ground.

Last edited:
Maybe half that? Better to have too much than not enough but whatever we have I'll pay my share, even if we end up leaving half of it for Tony...

Im happy to pay my share. That does look a lot of wood for around 10 of us with 1 fire/firepit going. Or it will be one massive fire!!!!:icon-twisted:

Hello Ben sounds like your going to have a good send off unfortunately im working so cant make it, best wishes for your new life.

Joe

Whats the rough plan? What time were people thinking of getting there? :think:

Maybe half that? Better to have too much than not enough but whatever we have I'll pay my share, even if we end up leaving half of it for Tony...

I'd say half sounds about right. :icon-wink:

Also happy to stick some money in towards the wood.:icon-biggrin:

Hello Ben sounds like your going to have a good send off unfortunately im working so cant make it, best wishes for your new life.

Joe

Thanks Joe. :thumbup:

Id really like to come and see Ben off but Im going to have to put myself down as a maybe. Im waiting to see how my mum is doing after having an op on her knee so I wont know if Ill be able to come till later in the week.

Last edited:
OK, Thanks Dave. :icon-biggrin:

Would be nice to see you, but obviously understand if you cant make it. :thumbup:

Im happy to chip in on the wood. God knows how much we will use.

Well Ben, I would really like to meet up with you, but you know I can't make it happen for Lincolm.
So I will leave it open for when your on this side of the world.
Aus. is a damn site closer than UK.

Gra

I know Ben asked earlier in the thread but no-one answered...

What time is everyone thinking of landing on Saturday? Just had a peek at the weather forecast & without tried to put the mockers on it, it looks as though it could be a fairly dry weekend :shock: :icon-cool:

I'll pop the tarp in just in case though :eusa-shhh:

Wondered how long it would be before Gav started to salivate at the cube of wood.

Please hide all power tools when Gav is near any wood :lol:

Have fun, folks - don't bend anything!!

Bringing the trailer to cart any unused wood home with me Gaz :icon-wink: Have been getting back into the swing of things with the power tools without incident so far :icon-cool:

Bending stuff?? Only empty beer cans non?? :lol:

Timings gentlemen, timings... Sunset is 16:11 for Stourport according to Auntie Beebs weather site; reckon I'll be landing early afternoon to get set up in daylight unless folk are getting there sooner...

I'm easy on time but assuming early afternoon? Been T shirt weather down here the last few days, hope it stays that way :icon-cool:

Back