Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

About to buy first 200 series - advice request!

Oh, don't get me started on that.... My 120 went in for a service, I got the usual call saying that brake fluid, cabin filter etc. I lost me sense if humour and told them to do the basics and nothing else as I had changed the pollen filter a couple of weeks before.

120's never been back there since. I now self service

Reactions: Raj
Super, congrats. Was going to mention cabin air filter. After getting the car I gave it for major service to Toyota. They said everything is excellent but AC not working so regassed it. Yesterday I checked cabin filter n it’s horrible. I ordered new one. I vacuumed n took of loads of rubbish from the filter
Mine was dirty and full of bugs, leaves, but not ripped, looks like yours is the original and never been removed! For info, there are two options, a pollen filter or deodorising filter. The pollen filter is white, the deodorising filter is grey as it has carbon impregnated.

Oh, don't get me started on that.... My 120 went in for a service, I got the usual call saying that brake fluid, cabin filter etc. I lost me sense if humour and told them to do the basics and nothing else as I had changed the pollen filter a couple of weeks before.

120's never been back there since. I now self service
My local dealer always charges me £1 for screenwash, my screenwash is always topped up. I've given up pulling them up about it. I only use them to keep the logbook stamped, plus the free breakdown cover. Now you get a years extended warranty as well if truck is under 10 years old and<100K.

Just today morning I ordered this one. There was one K&N lifetime filter but thought replacing this every year is better.
9A11BBAB-F40D-42BC-8C25-8D0F367BC71A.jpeg

Yes, I was going to get that one, but had to pick up some parts so bought the Toyo one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My next target will be to change factory fitted air filter in engine bay. Saw many videos saying they are not at all good n ll kill engine. Yesterday I checked that. Looks new for now. Also managed to open engine oil filler cap.

I don't think you need to worry too much in the UK Raj, in dusty climates it's an issue. You can solve it with a Uni filter (oil impregnated) if you are concerned.

Yes Uni filter was the one I saw in Jaffa adventures n he says changing filters, oil, fuel filter every 5000kms dosent cost much n engine stays good.
5000kms for us is too less I can try every 5000 miles with a Toyota service every 10K

I would not worry too much about the air filter unless you're planning a trip somewhere dusty. This is the filter from my car, which is quite low to the ground at the front of the engine bay (so right in the dust path) after 20,000 miles. It's barely dirty.

IMG_20210802_162657__01.jpg

For me air, oil and fuel filters are consumables so I changed these every year, exception is the fuel filter which is every two years regardless of mileage

Hi Brett, not sure if you have installed catch can. I am still confused between yes or no for it so for next 1 or 2 years I parked this idea and concentrating on baselining cars condition as close as possible to new stock condition as I am finding small things here n there even after spending a lot at different mechanics. Anyway found one interesting article about catch cans. 'comparative performance of 12 crankcase oil mist separators' its free article. It has provent types and other types of catchcans on the market. you can also watch this video on youtube about catchcan comparision on his 200

LC200 | Provent Catch Can vs HPD | Why I’m swapping | How to install | Difference | Oil Separator​

Raj, you'll be fighting them off with a crappy stick if and when you come to sell that beasty of yours, mind you the way prices are going your 200 must be appreciating, espeaccily how you're taking vare of it.

If you are my neighbors, you don’t need to buy, can just take keys n go for trips :)

Back