Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ACSD

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Hi all, searching the forums for a supplier of a blanking plate/kit for the ACSD, they must be able to post to me in Spain, many thanks in advance.

regards

Dave

Dave 2000 said:
Hi all, searching the forums for a supplier of a blanking plate/kit for the ACSD, they must be able to post to me in Spain, many thanks in advance.

regards

Dave
What is an ACSD Dave?

Bat21 said:
Dave 2000 said:

regards

Dave
What is an ACSD Dave?

Sorry mate, Auto Cold Start Device, it is a common abbreivation from the trade. This device hold the throttle on fast idle when cold and can on some vehicles advance the pump/ignition timing, on the 80 they tend to wear and cause a loud ticking noise, they often leaks as well, if left they can break off inside the pump causing extensive damage. Take it off and all will be well, this is similar to the 24v starter system used on the 80, it is completely unnecessary unless you live in Siberia. It is often removed and blanked off resulting in a leak free, quieter and more stable idle. The blanking plate kit is about but I am damned if I can find one here in Spain.

regards

Dave

The blanking plate on the Denso injector pump is the same as the blanking plate on a Bosch rotary pump used on dozens of cars and trucks,Golf diesel is probably the most common.
Any fuel injection shop would have a pile of them around somewhere

Thanks for that I will keep an eye out,

regards

Dave

Back