Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventures in EGR removal and fuel trimming

To be fair my Mrs won't give the 120 up. Prefers it to the Audi and Tesla, 8n fact she won't drive the Tesla, too techi for her

I always miss the high up driving position when I have to drive something else! Such great visibility in these high up trucks with loads of glass around - most new cars you cant even see out of the back window!!

Good that she's coming round to liking it, and it won't be long before you have to prise the keys from her hands !
To be fair she's never driven it, and she's not keen on it as it's too big for her apparently. Even though she kept telling me she'd rather I had a Range Rover so she could have a go in it.

And it's funny what @TonyP said about his mrs and the Tesla being too techy for her, I got hold of a Merc C350e which has all the bells and whistles in it and it's just wasted on her. I drove it the one day and listened to a podcast on my phone and forgot to change it back to the radio, it's a button on the dashboard you press from Navi, Media, Radio etc. Anyway few days later she comes home and tells me to say I've broken her car, and I ask how, and she said the radio won't come on. I go out and it's stuck on the Media screen, and I press the Radio button and it comes on. I look at her and she says "how did you do that?" - "Pressed the radio button right there!".

I said next time she wants a car she can have a poverty spec Dacia Duster, that's all the tech she needs and it's still probably two rotary knobs too much for her.

Thats women for you !!
Mine was the same with my 78, until she had to collect it from the garage while I was working away. When I came back, I could hardly get her out of it !

Well I am 127 miles on from the last post, and it drives differently. There is more power, it feels more eager. It’s driving well.

Until I got to Wolverhampton, I look down at the dash, and the f**king c**ting battery light appeared. Turned everything off electrical wise, got home, checked to see if I had an aux belt still there which I do.

90% sure it’s the alternator, as the batteries don’t look too bad and it came on while the car was on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bugger!! How far did you have to go once the light came.on?
About 15 miles from home. I’ve not tried it since.

Been given the number to a 4x4 garage near me and just going to book it in and get it done. I can change an alternator, but the day(s) I’ve agreed with the wife for me to dick about with cars this week was to break the MG that’s sat on the driveway, in order to finish the metalwork on the Lada. So if I spend that on the Land Cruiser nothing will move forward.

I've done the same with my trusted garage at times, although you have to pay out it makes absolute sense at times, so you can forget that job and concentrate on others in hand.

Well for extra jeopardy, I had the baby in the back with me. That's why I couldn't turn the radio off as he'd wake up.

Rang the place that was recommended and he's busy for this week as well as next week, and the other place I use for MOT's is busy this week too. Think I'm going to wait for the 4x4 bloke and book it in for when he's available.

My 120 after a bit of a mud splash at Salisbury plain had a issue with the alternator where it stopped charging. I got a descent charger and charged it every night for two weeks whilst I figured out what to do. We were only doing local miles, 20-30 a week and it was fine....

My 120 finally got to the mechanic today, alternator swapped out and it's back working again.

I think the battery has been disconnected during the change as I've lost my odometer reading, but it was at 133 miles when I dropped it to him.

So the test continues!

No idea if I'm honest, I'm assuming that's the case.

I got to the car and saw that the mileage was showing. I never drive a car with that showing (if it's digital), I prefer to have an odometer so I can see how many miles I've done since getting fuel. When I went to put it on the odometer it read 0 miles, along with Trip B which I've never reset and that was 0 too.

Yup, both A and B trip meters reset to zero on battery disconnect. The main odometer should retain the total mileage.

You will probably find that the one touch window function will also have stopped working.

So do we mean main mileage or just trip meters? Trip meters who cares but main mileage would be a different story......

Back