Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After change batteries car won’t start

Tero

Country Flag
poland
Hi
I have problem with start engine. Everything looks good with electric stuff and starter is working but car won’t start. I have a few keys , two masters and one subkey. When I used subkey immo indicator light is not showing. That same is happening for first master key but when I used second master key emergency lights begins light and after one minute or something like that car has short weird sound but it’s not alarm and after another one minute sound repeats and so on. I don’t know what it’s it and why my car won’t start. Everything works good till changed batteries.
car has also factory alarm but I know where shut it off

Land cruiser 120 d4d 3.0 diesel 2003

Last edited:
Whats the voltage at the battery? Immobiliser can kick in if the voltage is low.

If you have two batteries in parallel, you might want to disconnect the negative from one and measure the voltage on each battery to make sure one bad battery isnt pulling the other one down.

The Ground is ok
Yes immo light go out.

I changed cause the both batteries ran out. i had batteries for a few years

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you mean engine error codes ? I don’t have computer with software for it.

if this helps you, I unscrew the screw from the injection pump and the fuel does not come out of it when starting the engine

Do you mean engine error codes ? I don’t have computer with software for it.

Yep. I know the immobiliser puts out a code if it's not happy.

Did you put the proper right hand and left hand batteries in it, with the opposing terminals? You didn't possibly short it out when connecting?

Might be worth checking the fuses just to make sure none have blown (eg fuel pump)

Not sure if these have a fusible link as well in the fuse box, and it's too dark to check mine now :-(

if this helps you, I unscrew the screw from the injection pump and the fuel does not come out of it when starting the engine

When was the last time you had it running? It was OK before the battery change?

Before the battery change everything works fine.
I checked fuses each of them is good.
Last time it was a few days before change. Batteries ran out and Car has not electricity so I changed them . Radio , windows etc works fine but engine won’t start.
Batteries are connected properly

yes fuel comes in and out

I will try to get the engine errors codes.
Do you know how to do it ? Obd2 interface?

Last edited:
Tero, if all else has failed, disconnect both batteries, leave for around 5 mins. and reconnect. The reds + live first then the blacks earths- to reduce the risk of sparking. Then see if it will start, this MAY reboot the ecu.

Back