Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After sales support form Lodar

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well what can I say about Lodar - the suppliers of winch remotes? Firstly, their product is pretty good. It's proper kit, not some little box glued together in China. But I appreciate as I have said before not everyone has the money for one of these. Go on, treat yourself.

Well I have been having odd winch issues and honestly I just don't know what it is. But it's NOT the Lodar. So how do I know - well I have been round the houses somewhat, but when I started asking Lodar for support, they could not have been more helpful. It would have been so easy for them to have said 'Nah, it's clearly not our product' but they didn't. They went through a series of tests with me, replied to every mail, answered the phone every time and never got fed up. They even said they could send me an Albright solenoid just to help identify the source of the problem. No no they said, have it give it go, we won't charge you. If you don't need it in the end we'll just have it back. There were no limits to what they'd do to help. In the end we established that it wasn't the remote and it not working was actually the controller shutting down to protect itself. However, still concerned about one part of the system, they are sending out a replacement part - just in case.

Really good guys and a good product.

However, on a slightly different and cheaper note - my Come Up remote arrived today. This is for the new truck when I get one. I decided that I liked remotes but a third Lodar wasn't on the cards. The Come Up has the same plug as the TDS King One. They're different looking winches, but the connectors are the same. The remote plugs straight into the solenoid socket - but you can cut the plug off and hard wire if you wanted to. All the connectors and box of tricks are sealed as is the remote transmitter. A little over £100. So if you have a TDS, fancy a Lodar but can't because the kids need shoes, then maybe a Come Up is a possibility. As it plugs in, you can share it between vehicle which is another handy thing.

Chris

Back