Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC Suspension.....Goes stiff as a board.

Dark Dude

Four years ago I had all of my four suspension spheres reconditioned as new and fitted back onto my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon by Martin and the dudes at Pleiades and was told to expect at least 10 years of carefree motoring. Four years and less than 25000 miles later, I returned to Sawtry
today to have the AHC checked over after the ride suddenly went rigid, only to discover that ALL FOUR SPHERES were shot to pieces. Lucky for me, Martin didn't leave me high and dry (did me a sweet deal)) and sorted me and my truck out with a fresh set of reconditioned spheres but this whole thing has got both me and Martin scratching our heads. First, apart from bone shaking ride, there was nothing to indicate that there was anything wrong with the suspension. I could lower and raise the car as normal, the suspension fluid was low but still far from empty in the reservoir (and no evidence of fluid loss or cross contamination) and no warning lights came up on the dashboard, yet all four spheres were well and truly mangled. So I'm putting the word out. I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has had their suspension spheres replaced in the last FIVE years, either with Toyota direct brand new replacements (very expensive) or reconditioned (Pleiades). Martin informed me that I'm the first person to have come back to have their spheres replaced within the 10 year cut off and I can count on one hand, the times that I've taken my truck off-road. So I hope you can see that we have a mystery here that is in need of solving.

And for any here looking to renew their suspension spheres I cannot recommend Martin and his guys high enough. Give him a bell on 01487 831239. Truss me, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Back