Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air bag Light

t1pper

Country Flag
uk
Hi,

My 1999 4.2 LC has a air bag light on, any tips or anything that I can check myself?

the lights been on since I purchased it so I don't know if it has had a small bump or its been messed around with in any way and that's put the light on.

Can I get it plugged in at my local garage or is it a Toyota diagnostics job?

Most common fault for that is the (plug for) the seat occupancy sensor of the front passenger seat.

Normally, the local garage wouldn't have a M-OBD reader (only OBD-II etc). So, either borrow from someone who has, buy one (e.g. miniVCI) or go to the stealer.

My local garage plugged my LC3 into their diagnostics system when i had and airbag light come on, i
wouldn't pay Toyotas rates if i could help it.

Luckily my local garage is owned by a good mate so just cost me a couple of beers :)

They cleared to fault put out the light and its been fine ever since, mine just came on for
no apparent reason though

Most common fault for that is the (plug for) the seat occupancy sensor of the front passenger seat.

Hi,
Am I looking for a bad connection in the plug or will it be a faulty sensor?
What about drivers side?
Thanks in advance

Turned out to be a incorrect drivers seat belt assembly, it did not have an integeral sensor correct parts now fitted and the light is out.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back