Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air con garage Manchester area

RichC4

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Anyone know of one that will actually did stuff, rather just doing regasses?

Mine has a leak but finding anyone willing to take it on is proving hard work.

Hi Rich
This is poss not the best info but I used a guy in Trafford Park some years ago who replaced the Aircon
pipe that runs from front to back, but it was many years ago and cannot remember his name or company

but I have found this company:
Trafford Mobile Vehicle Air Conditioning

He is open till 22:00 tonight it might be worth a ask

Steve

Rich,

I’m based in Leyland and have used this guy before and know of others that have used him and he is excellent

Air conditioning installation by Chill Out Air Conditioning

Contact the team of experts at Chill Out Air Conditioning for air conditioning installation in Leyland, Preston, and Southport. We offer free quotes.
www.chillout-airconditioning.co.uk
www.chillout-airconditioning.co.uk

He’s a one man band and can be really busy (expect with a “heatwave” he will be busy) but all he does is vehicle air con. Does cars and a lot on heavy plant machines too. Very approachable and not too far away from you, might be worth giving him a call. First thing he said when I first visited him was “compressors in them are rock solid, do you have the rear air con too - always an issue on those vehicles” (I’m not posh enough to have rear air con!)

Had him regas mine as I’d had it done a couple of times by (won’t name the company) and it lasted about 3 weeks and then was shit again. He looked at it on a Saturday for me (I just turned up unannounced), Emptied the system, vacuum tested, immediately spotted a busted seal, replaced (£20 on top of the rehashing) and it was good for 2 years.

Took it up to chill out, my compressor is seized. Any opinions on second hand vs remanufactured for this sort of thing?

Just out of interest did you get an error code for that Rich? I think the 120 compressor has a sensor on it and a code turns up on the Aircon unit (if you query it) for compressor lock

My cruiser predates odb2 so I've not read any codes off it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
On the 120 the aircon codes aren't on obd, you can press a few buttons on the climate control unit and read the Aircon codes - they don't go via the normal route

Another vote for Chill Out if you live in the North West! I’ve been using him for my Amazon for about 8 years after West Coast off Road recommended him.

As Karl says, press and hold 2 buttons at exactly the same time with engine running.
A/C button and fresh air intake button, if there is a code it will show on the small led screen that shows modes.
My 2006 didnt show a code, even though freshly regassed, but there is another check on a 3 pin connector under the bonnet that by carefully touching 2 pins with a wire/fly lead, that you can see/hear if the mag clutch is engaging on the compressor when switched on.
I person under bonnet with connector apart and lead touched to pins, to see/hear, and another inside to push the switch on cue - all with engine running and be careful of fan blades of course.
Thanks to Karl for finding that info for me, although in my case the clutch engaged momentarily then dropped out - electrical sensor.
Does the green light in the a/c switch flash when you switch on ?
It's a bas***d job to get at/change the compressor which I shied away from, my local garage owner, who I know very well said 4 hours.

As Karl says, press and hold 2 buttons at exactly the same time with engine running.
A/C button and fresh air intake button, if there is a code it will show on the small led screen that shows modes.
I don't have a screen to display codes on. The controls are like this.
The AC light is continuous when it's switched on.

DSCF4817.jpg

That explains it then Rich, wrong series.
Strange that the light stays on, even though not working, maybe just how the 90 works ?
Just out of interest, have you tried pressing the auto button, and with the engine stopped, are you able to turn the mag clutch on front of compressor freely by hand ?

Thought I'd post an update on this. I managed to source a new compressor, and after a couple of visits to Chill Out to fit it and cap the rear pipework off (it was leaking badly) I have air con.

I'd very much recommend him for air con, excellent service, not expensive, nice chap.

Back