Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

air conditioning

paul c

Had my air con re-gassed but found 2 leaks. Parts ordered and fitted. System re-gasssed and leaks cured. The problem now is that the air conditioning still does not work. Is there something that needs to be reset so the system will work?

Thanks

Paul

Lift the bonnet with the engine running.

Turn on the fan on the cabin heater/cooler.

Watch the centre of the air Con Pump and switch on the Air Con . . . Does the electric clutch work and is the air con pump now being driven ??

If not; there is possibly a problem with the electric clutch or the Air Con pressure switch (there may be other reasons, but I don't know them).

If the pump IS turning . . I haven't got a clue as to what's wrong :think: .

Others may have a better idea :oops:.

Let us know how you get on as I need to get my 100 re-gassed as well.

Bob.

Air con sign is flashing on and off, engine revs ready for pump to start but it does not work. Computers have been used with Toyota software but the flashing will not stop. Its now been booked into Toyota for a diagnostic check at £144.

Paul

there will be a low pressure sensor to prevent the aircon pump from running when the system is low on gas.
Leaks are a pain in the older vehicles.
My Aircon isn't too good at the moment, im about to check for leaks.
Does anyone know if there is another cooling coil at the rear of the vehicle ? As I have a a climate control box on the ceiling in the rear of the vehicle ?

Back