Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

aircon rad query

Mark Meggy

so i have had a cheeky search with no joy and was wondering if it feasible to remove the aircon rad altogether.
if is a possibility has anyone done it and what were the results? would imagine if it was feasible you would get better airflow through the main rad and also have space to perhaps fit kenlowes or an oil/intercooler or summat?
anyone?

Yes you can take it out. Once you have had all the gas removed from the system. Only implication will be that you won't have any aircon. The Farmer's version of the Colorado didn't get aircon. The FX and EX, UK spec. You can remove the pump or just leave it there. It's possible to turn it into a compressor for your tyres as long as you have some sort of oiler in the system. You also have to bypass the magnetic clutch with a manual switch as it won't work without the gas pressure in there.

Chris

nice one, thanks for the info. i shall look into it further, could end up with something useful like a tyre compressor ;)

"he Farmer's version of the Colorado didn't get aircon. The FX and EX, UK spec."

mine did :whistle:

Deluxe Farmer's version there Andy. Obviously fitted as an optional extra by some 'well to do' Country Gent.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Clearly you don't own a wet dog then Mark. Damn difficult to see out of the windows after walkies. I use aircon more in the winter than I do in the Summer (Obviously, I use the term Summer in its loosest sense.)

Woof

there is some stuff you can buy whose name i can`t remember :p but it is to stop visors in helmets misting up, it works wonders on windscreens too :D
thanks again for the extra tips, as an afterthought have u still got those sliders for the 90, the HD ones?

nice one!
Mark

Bob Heath visor spray. I use it on my rifle scopes and binos. Only lasts so long, especially if the little sod licks it off the glass.

Sorry, sold the sliders a couple of weeks ago. They'll be making an appearance on here at some point I am sure. Still have a set of standard steps though.

Chris

on the plus side at elast the 'little sods' won`t get a misted tongue :p
pity about the sliders, finally got some spare $$$ also looking a decent winchbumper that aint too dear... that possible group buy has some nice stuff too...

Dunno what your skill are like, but SWB sliders are really pretty easy to make. The chassis is straight you see, so making the outriggers isn't difficult. It ranges between 70mm to 80mm at the front, but that's all. There are holes across the chassis rails that you can bolt through from side to side.

But we're into a different thread there.

Chris

Mark Meggy said:
there is some stuff you can buy whose name i can`t remember :p but it is to stop visors in helmets misting up, it works wonders on windscreens too :D
thanks again for the extra tips, as an afterthought have u still got those sliders for the 90, the HD ones?

nice one!
Mark

Cut a potato in half, rub the wet starchy bit on the glass, let it dry then polish off. Hey presto, a windscreen/visor anti mist thingymajig
costing next to nowt.

Works on my visor anyway ;)

Les, that would explain a great deal. :lol:

Chris

they called him mr potatohead ;)

actually i have heard that before and it is an awesome idea, if only to see the ballasts face when she finds me rubbing potatoes on my windscreen...

On a serious note

When I was driving coaches, and believe me that is a bloody big windscreen to mist up, I used Rain-X Anti fog which is fairly good and lasts a little while.

The potato thing was a hand me down from my grandad and it really does work on plastic visors. Not sure about glass screens though, never tried it.

Back