Garage
Country Flag
england
What do we reckon to these for sticking my muddies on 4 for £75

1085432_641691029186056_809539616_n_zps600a7bce.jpg

Cheap. Just make sure they fit the truck with the tyres on :icon-biggrin:

I got 5 new black steel 16x8's for £125 Chris and i could bring em to Lincomb

I got 5 new black steel 16x8's for £125 Chris and i could bring em to Lincomb

Cheers Shayne but I kinda want them on for that particular weekend, Its going to be the first time out for my new muddies.

Keep to alloys Chris, stronger, lighter, better. I think they will do the job great and look better than any steels.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree 100% that alloys are lighter and better though the cost puts me off (wont agree stonger coz steel can bend and still get you home while alloy once bust is dead) . As for looks better nah sorry pure engineered to do as it says on the tin beats style any day for me any day . Still , black wheels would look cool on your truck Chris .

I agree 100% that alloys are lighter and better though the cost puts me off (wont agree stonger coz steel can bend and still get you home while alloy once bust is dead) . As for looks better nah sorry pure engineered to do as it says on the tin beats style any day for me any day . Still , black wheels would look cool on your truck Chris .

I have often thought about going black on my truck but... I think it works on yours as the whole truck is black, and it would work on say sae70's collie because the arches are silver but with mine I just think there would be too much black below the waist.

1_zpsd8295e38.jpg

I think black wheels look good on your truck and its another step away from standard , I can see some serious design flaws with the portable toilet also pictured though , the lack of a hole and the neighbors complaints to name just two :lol:

Take a look at Gordie Paul's green LC95 with black wheels .

Last edited:
I can see some serious design flaws with the portable toilet also pictured though , the lack of a hole and the neighbors complaints to name just two :lol

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I think that the green collies look really good with black alloys. Can't remember who's it is now, but there is a 95 on here with black wheels that I love the look of.

I did a straw poll on black alloys for Fiery and it was decided that they looked awfull and I had to agree I'm afraid :icon-cry:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/48514-Playing-with-some-photos

The wife downloaded an App for the iPad called 'Colour Splash' I think :think:

Anyway it allows you do arty stuff like this :icon-biggrin:

RM3RK1X_zps00c9acd6.jpg

I also stole Trev's 80 wheels from off of Lil-Blue and fitted them onto Fiery just for some fun :icon-biggrin:

IMG_3195_zps28017056.jpg

Can't work out if I like the look of Black rims on Fiery :think:

IMG_3195_zpse1710662.jpg

Maybe it's time for another Poll, do love a Poll :icon-smile:

ok ok ok ok..... Stop picking on me. After taking a good look at the pics with and without the black rims, it turns out I like them, and more importantly so does SWMBO. So looks like I'm going Black

So looks like I'm going Black

Well you know what they say...

Whatever floats your boat.

I will say, I actually prefer them in silver
hiding.gif

Last edited:
I've read some great reviews about Plasti-dip paint for wheels Chris it would save you a small fortune at the powdercoaters and with the bigger rubber your unlikely to mark them anyway .

I did my wheels in black using an acid etch base and hammerite rattle can and I know most don't like black alloys on a silver car but they came out great.

I hope to be at lincomb for a day if you want to have a look.

Thanks warren but it migjt be too late by then. Just plugged in the compressor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ah, yes :icon-biggrin: Thats the vehicle, Geordie Paul's. I love it and always have, love the colour with the coded body mouldings, no snorkel, BFG,s and black alloys, very smart IMHO :icon-biggrin: and just how my next one will look, when I upgrade to a LWB. Although the price of those 120's is still falling :think: :icon-biggrin:

OldCoachRoad6Large.jpg

OldCoachRoad7Large.jpg

You just need to get a bit of black paint on that spare wheel cover Paul

I think that black wheels is the right decision for your truck Chris, it'll look a bobby dazzler :icon-biggrin: :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back