Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alternator Bushes

Mark01

Country Flag
england
Hi Guys,
Can anybody help me find some bushes for the alternator on my 80. I need the two bushes and long lower bolt that fixes the alternator to the engine bracket. The ones on there now have worn oval and is making the alternator rattle.
The bolt is probably not a problem to find but my local alternator repairer wants to repair my alternator by fitting new casings. I only need the two little bushes then my alternator will be fine.
Any help on this would be great.

Cheers, Mark

Hi Guys,
Can anybody help me find some bushes for the alternator on my 80. I need the two bushes and long lower bolt that fixes the alternator to the engine bracket. The ones on there now have worn oval and is making the alternator rattle.
The bolt is probably not a problem to find but my local alternator repairer wants to repair my alternator by fitting new casings. I only need the two little bushes then my alternator will be fine.
Any help on this would be great.

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark

You need to know the make of the Alternator, but just a example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIPPON-DE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2105f267

Radiotwo

if you find bushes that are a bit big you can file them down to size. done this plenty of times when i couldn't get exact matches. Mapin or RS usually stock hundreds of them..

if you find bushes that are a bit big you can file them down to size. done this plenty of times when i couldn't get exact matches. Mapin or RS usually stock hundreds of them..

Thanks for the heads up, I have looked on the rs website and i reckon i have found what i am after.
Once again thanks for the tip.

Cheers, Mark

Back