Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuse.(why)???

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Sorry about the wrong forum thing but, my hilux 2002 d4d…. Driving this morning and suddenly lost, power to windows, rev counter, temp gauge, fan, air on, etc etc, tested alternator and it looks like it knackered.. no big deal, but can’t see any fuses blown, just need to get windows back up while I’m waiting to sort alternator… why would it do that just because the alternator is knackered… or could it be summert else 100 amp alt fuse seems ok… any ideas… put it on the 120 section as I’m guessing it’s the closest to a d4d hilux

Thanks Dave, however on close inspection found a tiny 15 amp fuse marked ECD, that had blown, replaced it and now everything is back to normal for the time being, and got 14.5 reading on the multimeter on both batteries.. so alternator is ok .. now have to find out what the hell ECD is and does… tried joining a couple of hilux forums but my application was pending for approval by admin for about a week, so I gave up, do you have a link for the one you mentioned

Good stuff. ECD relates to the fuel system, so not sure if/how that takes out all the other stuff, but I'm not great on the black arts of ECUs and related!

I'm on this one: https://forums.hpoc.co.uk/discover/

Active forum and some good guys on there - also a lot on nonsense and banter - very similar vibe to this one actually (quite a few of us are on both).

Yeh the only thing I could find when I googled it was some kind of earth continuity protection, that was the only link to ECD… or it might have said ECP, (didn’t have me glasses on)…. Thanks for the info Dave

I did try to sign up to that forum, but I put my date of birth in wrong, and it never gave me the option to try again, and now it’s locked me out and won’t let me sign in as a new member, it keeps saying I’m too young to join the forum… il leave it a few days and try again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can have a word with the HPOC admins if you're still struggling Higgy. Drop me a PM if needed? Cheers.

Just on the Hilux forum subject I've just gone to sign up on the HPOC and it comes up my email address is already in use by another member.
Thinking about it it may be me from when I had the Mk1 Lux years ago.

Having worked it out it is me.

Might be worth a read:

I can have a word with the HPOC admins if you're still struggling Higgy. Drop me a PM if needed? Cheers.
Managed to join up this morning Dave, but thanks for the offer…. Cheers

Back