Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Injector replacement thread.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Forgive me as there are no pics with this thread.

Today I had my injectors replaced at a local garage. For the last 23 years I've done all my own Landcruiser work but this time I entrusted it to Oliver Laws Vehicle Services at Killamarsh, just outside Sheffield. Oliver has 3 Cruisers himself and had just done the injectors on his own 120 so I knew he knew what he was doing.
My injectors had just started to give the "knock" for a few seconds on start up but cleared in seconds so I knew they were getting ready. I bought new as members I'd spoken to having fitted recon ones said they'd have bought new if they'd had a second chance. Also I had fitted a Tunit chip thing and a new cam belt.
The end result is that it is transformed, its very smooth, very quiet and goes like it has all of its claimed + 40 BHP, so about " Invincible" 200 BHP. Overtaking is the most noticeable benefit, just a slight squeeze and you're past.

In the end the total for the exercise inc the bits was about £1100, it could be done for less with recon injectors but 120 owners with 120+K miles will have it to do or risk engine damage.

I just remembered, Oliver adjusted the geometry on my lifted 100 series to get rid of the positive camber another garage left after fitting new top wishbones so he knows his stuff.

Great work Andy. Good to hear. The 120 is a nice vehicle.

That's really a very good price, pity the chap isn't a bit closer to me, mine's now done about 106k and whilst it sounds really good and runs well those injectors are always nagging at the back of my mind.

For price comparison in 2010 a few weeks out of official warranty the injectors on my 2007 Hilux 3.0 litre were replaced as goodwill, no charge to me but on the invoice the bill at Mr T came to some £1750, as i recall that was parts alone.

Back