Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another medal

I used to think like that about competitions, I kept putting off entering any but I really enjoyed it when I finally did. I'm not what you'd call a competitive type I just do it for the enjoyment, not the winning, perhaps that's why I'm doing well, maybe there's less pressure that way.
I've never tried field, yet, :think: I have toyed with the idea of getting a compound, the PSE Rally has a very large range of adjustment capable of suiting my low strength but they are not cheap when you include a sight release aid and other bibs & bobs, and if a compound didn't suit me it would be a waste of money.
cool-unhappy-071.gif

I surprised myself tonight at our indoor archery meet, a few weeks ago we went to a tournament in Guildford to shoot two Worcester rounds on the same day.
On the first round I beat our club record of 193 by three points so became the record holder for the single, :dance: for the second round I scored 206 so both scores combined made me the record holder for the double. Two records in one day. :dance: :dance:
Even though the 206 round was higher than the one I shot tonight, 201, it was only the first round at Guildford that counted for the single record so I beat my own record. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Now let me see, where are the next Olympics being held? I hope it's somewhere dry and warm. :icon-wink:

Chas, we have a few pigeons hanging about the workshop that need to be 'quietly' removed. Visiting anytime soon? Dry and warm here......!

Chas, we have a few pigeons hanging about the workshop that need to be 'quietly' removed. Visiting anytime soon? Dry and warm here......!
I've got a nice powerful air rifle that would do that job better, it's fairly 'quiet' :icon-twisted:

Well done indeed Chas, three records there, all in one foul swoop :thumbup:

I don't know about Olympics, but a likely place would be Qatar, having recently spent quite some time there, sports facilities are very high on their agenda, at great expense.

Its warm and dry there (at the moment) but later in the summer, I warn you that it's bl00dy HOT, up to 55 C is not exceptional! :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well done, great shooting (and for once my post isn't four months too late :dance:)

Nice going Chas! What bow do you shoot?

I've got a pretty good selection of custom trad bows myself - Schafer Silvertip recurve, Windaur Wolverine longbow, Shrew longbow and a few custom jobs by small bowyers. Mostly hunting bows, but beautiful none the less.
I've recently started shooting an ILF recurve called a Vapor by Vantage Point Archery - riser is machined alum by VPA and limbs are laminated glass by Sky Archery. Got a set of heavy limbs for the Vapor - 74# @ 28". Will be taking it out when I hunt Water Buffalo in Aus later in the year.

Do you do any of the 3d shoots around the country or just target?

I shoot target only, recurve bare bow a Win & Win Pro Accent riser with Sebastien Flute carbon foam limbs 74" @ 25lbs but with my draw length I'm pulling 28/30lbs on the fingers.
I had an accident a while back where I injured both wrists and found I couldn't carry the weight of the recurve with all the parapanalia of the stabiliser rods and the sight etc so I tried bare bow and found my scores increasing quite dramatically.
I almost bought a PSE Rally compound bow recently but was advised against it by our coach as I was doing so well at bare bow, I would be very disappointed if I didn't do as well as I am at the moment.

Nice going Chas! What bow do you shoot?

I've got a pretty good selection of custom trad bows myself - Schafer Silvertip recurve, Windaur Wolverine longbow, Shrew longbow and a few custom jobs by small bowyers. Mostly hunting bows, but beautiful none the less.
I've recently started shooting an ILF recurve called a Vapor by Vantage Point Archery - riser is machined alum by VPA and limbs are laminated glass by Sky Archery. Got a set of heavy limbs for the Vapor - 74# @ 28". Will be taking it out when I hunt Water Buffalo in Aus later in the year.

Do you do any of the 3d shoots around the country or just target?

Another competition (this time a world record event) I didn't get anywhere near the world record but I did win another Silver Medal :dance: in the previous comp I entered I didn't win anything for archery but I won a box a Cadburys Chocolate éclairs in the raffle. :icon-rolleyes:

20140301_212109.jpg

Last edited:
Another competition (Staffordshire Open Indoor Tournament - (30 metres) Stafford round) and this time a bronze medal.

30 metre Indoor Stafford Bronze.jpg

Our club members took away 7 medals between us. 1920017_654913844569035_1781653077_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well done again Chas, you're making a bit of a habit of this :lol:

Thanks Clive, but I feel I ought to put this all in perspective. As there aren't so many people shooting barebow the competition is less, I am quite good, but for instance that last medal won was only against seven other barebow archers in that competition, but third out of seven isn't too bad. :think:
On the previous competition, I won Silver, which was a postal comp where we shoot a sequence of Portsmouth rounds and all scores are compared with all other clubs shooting the same round, I came second out of thirty three Nationwide. :dance:

Last edited:
Chas, a medal is a medal! Well done

I recon 2nd out of 33 is pretty much top whack Chas, now that is competition! :thumbup:

Tonight was just a club meeting shooting a Vegas (archery round) on targets like this, this picture was taken a long time ago but it was the only one I could find showing that target face, those arrows are my old aluminium ones, I now shoot pure carbon arrows. The yellow section (The Gold) is about 8cm diameter and we are shooting from 18mtrs, at that distance it looks VERY small;

Vegas 20mts.jpg

I beat my personal best by 101 points and the club record by 40 points, also I was presented with a cup I had forgotton I'd won at a previous shoot;

20140310_234359.jpg

Oh, and that medal from yesterday also constituted a club record, that's four I hold now. :dance:

Last edited:
On Sunday I took part in the 13th British Barebow Indoor Championships, held at six locations across the country. I was shooting at Basildon in Essex.
There was a record turnout as more than 220 archers took part at six locations across the country.
I had no illusions of winning, there were some really shit hot archers entered but I came 36th, quite pleased with that. :icon-biggrin:
No medal won this time but I did beat my personal best score for that round (a FITA 18) by just ONE point. :cool:

Back