Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any Events forthcoming this year

Roger Crocker

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi,
Yes I am guilty of not looking on here very often but does anyone have a get together or event of any sort planned for this year.
It seems that the forums are the only way people communicate and there is no social or off road meetings.
If that is what everyone wants thats fine but I for one would like to enjoy my vehicle with others who have a similar interest at a venue somewhere.
I did go to an event at Lincomb a while back but had great difficulty finding out about it.
Anything anyone can add would be much appreciated

Hi,
Yes I am guilty of not looking on here very often but does anyone have a get together or event of any sort planned for this year.
It seems that the forums are the only way people communicate and there is no social or off road meetings.
If that is what everyone wants thats fine but I for one would like to enjoy my vehicle with others who have a similar interest at a venue somewhere.
I did go to an event at Lincomb a while back but had great difficulty finding out about it.
Anything anyone can add would be much appreciated
Well there the overland show in a couple of weeks time, theres lincomb at beginning of June and fake lincomb at end of june

And Bad Kissengen too of course in June

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Someone needed to direct the recovery there. Plus its a synthetic rope so only drop to the floor.

Think this guy could have used a tow. Still, he did good in the end.

Many thanks
Clearly I need to improve my skills on the website,
Will not get to AO this time as we will be in deepest Wales with friends Green Laning,
June is very promising, I did enjoy Lincoln despite my embarrassment, have been in a similar situation twice since then, still not got the lockers working properly, replaced the actuators last week but have a wiring issue somewhere.

Are they working? How have you tested them so far?

Someone needed to direct the recovery there. Plus its a synthetic rope so only drop to the floor.
Sorry Stu, not what I’ve been taught, which is to keep out of the firing line which is the rope length either way plus a safety margin.
This explains it far better than I can and reinforces what I’ve been taught. It also shows that synthetic ropes don’t just fall to the ground. It’s a myth.

Well you have to direct a recovery somehow. I always ensure everyone is out of the way. Lots of people in the UK don't use radios like they are in other countries so with out some form of communication can't see how you will get the 2 vehicles to work together. In your head you check what the recovery points are like and from the vid looks as if they double lined it to reduce the strain.

Totally agree, lots was clearly done well, I’m not disputing that. You just have to have everyone out of the danger zone or behind an open bonnet however much equipment is checked and double checked. We don’t want to be encouraging people to be in the firing line when doing any of this.

Ok so how do you think it can be coordinated between cars if nobody can be near and no radios used?

Everyone bar 1 person who has lots more experience then you do ( sorry but they do) is out of the way.

The risk has been taken down to the minimum it can be.

No recovery can be 100% risk free you just need to minimise it which has been done in this video.

Also with the directions of the forces there, the risk of the gear failing and shooting off at 90 degrees to the force of pull is so low. Would I been happy standing there yes, would I be happy with a group of people standing there, no way.

Back