Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any interest in 80series front steering guards

Would the steering guard be Ali with steel mounting brackets? Or of all steel construction? Also what thickness would the guard be?

Cheers.

Scott said:
Would the steering guard be Ali with steel mounting brackets? Or of all steel construction? Also what thickness would the guard be?

Cheers.

I would say for an 80 series it wants to be at lease 8mm.

Paul

Thanks for the interest.

This is something that is defo going to be going ahead quite soon.

Scott. I am going to get prices for steel and alloy. I can then offer either.

Paul,When you say 8mm do you mean if alloy is used?

karl

I'll measeure the thickness of my ali one (freeways lattitude) in the morning if its any help

andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My ally one from TBR is 8mm.

Cheers chas, thought they were. Have you had much damage to it? Bent at all?

Karl

karl wester said:
Cheers chas, thought they were. Have you had much damage to it? Bent at all? Karl
Just a little bent Karl (a bit bowed in the middle), but it has had some punishment :oops:

Cossack said:
karl wester said:
Cheers chas, thought they were. Have you had much damage to it? Bent at all? Karl
Just a little bent Karl (a bit bowed in the middle), but it has had some punishment :oops:

With your driving and history chas....... i dont beleive it..... :whistle:

karl wester said:
Cossack said:
[quote="karl wester":2ll7im6w]Cheers chas, thought they were. Have you had much damage to it? Bent at all? Karl
With your driving and history chas....... i dont beleive it..... :whistle:[/quote:2ll7im6w]
It's an 80, they can take it, but I must admit there are times when . . . . . :think:

Yours has done well mate i will give you that. Wish id been involved alot earlier really to have seen the rise and falls of some of the trucks that some of you have had :thumbup:

You carnt kill yours can you. I know you have really tried :naughty:

My freeways lattitude ali one is about 9mm

I have just had one made from my drawings for the gearbox based on similar design to the one mentioned on ebay. Mine had slight trimming to do in fitting( I put a wrong dimension on the drawing :( now corrected) I used 6mm alli both to save weight(8mm is 30% heavier) and cost. One sheet did my aux tank / gearbox / steering(doubled to 12mm) but now looking at how thin it looks, mabe 8mm :roll:

on the aux fuel tank I sandwich a closed cell camping mat to stop sand getting stuck between the bashplate and the tank and also to cusion the tank skin from small dents to the skid plate.

if anyone wants the drawing I can send them....

Stephen

Hi stephen

Are these fitted to the 80 series then?

What does the tank hold. I mean quantity :thumbup:

karl

Hi Karl,

Yes its a series 80

and the tank 170ltr and I seem to remember that it was the South African co. and not the longranger tank.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Not long to go now before the off!!

can you email me the drawings for the L/R tank guard please, Ive got a bit of 4mm kicking about I was going to use for this, what do you reckon, thick enough, or after your dent in the Gilf do you think it'll be too thin!

I was really thinking of more of a skid plate rather than a bash, but while doing it I may as well go thicker if need be

Andy
ps, trying to find a way of fitting a sender to my tank, any thoughts?

Back