Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone fitted a milner offroad body lift kit?

marsie

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Has anyone fitted a body lift kit from milners? if so are there any problems or pitfalls to look out for other than seized bolts and low bumpers

Are body lifts worth the hassle or just stick with a suspension lift?
Paul

I have. Actually fitted them to 90's, a 120 and an 80. I had a hand in the production of some of the parts.

There are consequences to lifting the body. Some bits are attached to the chassis and consequently don't lift. The biggest issue I had was that the winch bumper hoops ended up across the headlights.

The biggest advantage is that it makes accessing some of the bits and pieces so much easier. Swapping the gearbox for example or rear suspension is much easier. But overall is there any great advantage to lifting an 80? Not really.

Depending on how much you're planning on lifting, 1" should be no problems, 2" and you'd need additional work.

Have just ordered a suspension lift kit (2") and got talking about a body lift. Only about £70 for a 1" body lift from miners but will see how it looks with the suspension on first and go from there
Thanks guys:thumbup:

Is the 1" kit from millners complete?
Because I guess you would have to drop the radiator. no? Brackets included?

All you get is longer bolts, spacers and a steering spacer. You can buy rad drop brackets from the USA but they're easy to make. And not entirely necessary.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back