Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB BUMPER FITTED HAZARDS WONT WORK

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hello there,

After fitting the ARB bumper on front and rear, I have wired all the lights etc, no relays came with the wiring loom, so after splicing and doing as specified in the manuals, my Hazards dont come on anymore. :oops:

Indicators, Parking, Headlights etc all work fine, do I need a relay for the Hazards? How do I wire this? anyone know? :shock:

Hello,

I had the same set up on my previous 100, I did not find an electrical solution, the trailer supplier whose trailer would not work the lights correctly suggested taking out the light bulbs from the main car back indicators. This did solve it, but meant only running with the indicators in the new ARB bumper. As the trailer was behind it most of the time this was less of a worry.
I also did not fit the extra front indicators as previous experience with them on a Discovery was they filled with water and rusted away inside. Justed fitted the lens to blank off the holes. I realise this is a long time after you orginal posting but not sure if this helps in anyway?

Hello mate,

Thanks, but I got the led's working and all has been well.

Cheers

LED's are illegal for use on external lights (and some internal lights) unless OE. I suggest you refit normal tungsten bulbs and fit a heavy duty flasher relay.

Roger

What if the replacement lights are "E" marked? I presume this covers the light itself and the height above the ground etc. is possibly suspect.
The lights that came with my TJM bumper were "E" marked and there is a LED variant.

Back