Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ASFIR Guard Fitment

warrenpfo

It was a cracker of a day today and so thought I would fit my ASFIR guards that have been sitting outside for a while.

Its an easy job that I did on my own and it took about 2.5 hours to remove the OEM plastic guards and fit the new alu guards. Tools required are a 12mm and 13mm socket set and I needed to use a ratchet strap and bottle jack to help align some of the holes.

So here goes....

A few pics of the stock look first
6973041017_61943606d5_b.jpg

6826928506_d45ba56f93_b.jpg

I thought I would lay it all out to compare
6973048809_50e10c0ecc_b.jpg

No guards but some mud and dirt
6973051125_fe276f2475_b.jpg

The new look :dance:
6973061569_210fe360bd_b.jpg

6826947524_5414fd781c_b.jpg

I am very happy :D with the quality and fit of the guards, I dont plan on doing anything too out there like rock crawling so the guards will offer me the protection I need.

More to come..... :thumbup:

Good work Warren, I think for over landing they offer the right combination of protection verses weight
Where did you get them from? the cross member doesn't look new?
J

I wanted to get them through ASFIR direct but them dont deal with the joe public so ended up using TBR.

I have had them in the garden for just over a week and a bit and a combination of mud, my dirty hands and the fact I mounted the cross members and then decided to jet wash the underside of the car which created much mess and perhaps has made them look olfer than thay are.

The cross members look to be galvanised and the surface does not wipe clean and so having got grease on them has made them a pain to try and clean so I just left them as its under the car after all.

I will do better next time. :snooty:

One word of warning the angle used for the brace behind the transfer case is quite wee and tends to bend where it is notched for the prop. If you have access to a welder it is well worth strengthening this.

Looks good.
But looks like you have lost the main front garage jacking point.
Is there any better-than-stock belly armor with the jacking point in place?

Back