Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

assessment

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well yesterday I spent the day at the training centre and took the master tech assessment, just missed it last year and was lucky enough to be invited again this year. Feel fairly confident about the results (find out in 6 weeks) and when I asked for a part to fix the cars I was told to write up my job card as the repair was completed :icon-biggrin: I take that as a good sign. If you ask for a part you have to justify why, if that part doesn't fix it they tell you and you get a penalty! (Don't physically give you a part but they tell you the outcome of fitting it) Did well on the other exercises too so :pray: :pray:

I've been mega stressed for the last couple of months and so thankful for the support from Emma, I can now relax a bit and get back to family life, the last few weeks my free time has been taken up by prep work and pushing myself at to my limit, even had the master tech set faults in cars and give me 45 mins to find them, sometimes didn't find them in time and only get 45 mins on the day per test.
Had a few hours here and there on the 80 purely as time to just me to clear my head which again Emma has been supportive of.

Good luck Gary sounds like you've earned and deserve to pass with flying colours . Fair play to you to for recognizing your stress effects Emma , i went to the doc a few months ago asking why am i tired all the time . Stress he said and i laughed at him . So off for comprehensive bloods tests the results of which were all good . Stress he said so i had to explain to him it can't be stress because .... well ..... I'm me ?

He wanted to see Helen as well at the next appointment so i sat there like a fly on the wall listening to them discuss me , it hadn't ever occurred to me that the tension going on in my head was a palpable thing which effected Helen's ability to relax and it dawned with an awful realization that he was right . No medication my for my particular kind of stress but he said change your ways or your heading for an early grave .

Sorry for the threadjack but i reckon most of us on here consider ourselves men's men and so above and beyond such a trivial thing as stress .

Well done! Now for the hardest part, the waiting!

Cheers.

Your quite right shayne, I knew I was stressed with it and how hard I was pushing myself (more so then last year) not just mentally but physically. It was obvious my mood was effecting Emma but she did her best not to show that, shes done more then her share with the kids, Lily has had to adjust to not being the only child and Oscar is 16 weeks old so both hard work! I got home just after 10pm after a long day and the first thing I said to her was thank you. She knows I appreciate her support and her effort.

If I've got a pass it's not all my work it's my family too just I get a trip to Germany for a factory tour etc :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good luck Gary. :thumbup:

Well eventually got some results for the assessment I did 5th June!!
I've passed :icon-biggrin: I've qualified as a BMW master technician. One of few and not many people pass every year. My 2nd attempt which is good, I know people take 6 or 7 attempts.
As a prize I get a trip to Germany all expenses paid, among other things. Very happy that all the work has paid off.

Excellent!!! Very well done indeed Gary. All your hard work has paid off, give yourself a well earned pat on the back. I hope you enjoy being a master tech.

Congratulations!! Hope you now get to enjoy the fruits of your hard work

Congratulations! :thumbup: Well done, now to reap the rewards.......:icon-wink:

Cheers guys, I can enjoy the rest of my week off now! Results were supposed to be out mid July so I've been a bit stressed waiting!

:icon-ugeek: ♪♫♪♪♫ Congratulations Gary ♪♫♪♪♫ :icon-ugeek:

Congrats Gary! Hard work always pays off. The other half knows it was worth it :)

Back