Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ATF filling tips

DaveN

Just about to do the ATF, so what's the sp on filling? Am I stuck with the silly little funnel and burping it every few seconds?

For me i get plenty of cloth around the dip/filling pipe just incase i dont locate the nozzle straight away. then i just leave the bottle upside down and go change the airfilter or have a cup of tea as it seems to take ages how ever you force the oil down the tube. once empty refill and go again until you have enough atf in the box.

Joe

Garden centre. £15 sprayer. Take the spray nozzle and trigger off. Fill with ATF, shove the pipe in the hole, or into a diff, transfer box etc etc whatever you are filling, pump the handle to pressurize the container and go and put the kettle on.

I use one for all my oils. Have done for ages. Makes doing a Colorado front diff very easy.

Chris

Chris said:
Garden centre. £15 sprayer. Take the spray nozzle and trigger off. Fill with ATF, shove the pipe in the hole, or into a diff, transfer box etc etc whatever you are filling, pump the handle to pressurize the container and go and put the kettle on.

I use one for all my oils. Have done for ages. Makes doing a Colorado front diff very easy.

Chris

I had a look at these, but the sprayer pipe is about the same diameter as the filler pipe. So air can't come up past the pipe as oil fills the tranny. Surely you need something with a pipe smaller than the tranny pipe, so air can purge as it's being filled? The tranny breather exits in the fill pipe, so you have air trying to come up, and fluid trying to go down.

If you look close to the top of the filler tube closely you can see the breather doe's not enter the filling tube, the garden spray works 100 per cent.

When I changed mine I measured the quantity of oil which came out & then filled the garden spray tank with the same amount.

Back