Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aug 2013 Italy Road Trip

I don't think drilling 3 holes is going to weaken the bar significantly and those boxes look pretty strong so any loss of strength you should get back from the fact the bar and box bolted together make a stronger combination.

Just purchased my "new" unused Swiss Vignette from eBay for £25 saving me a whopping £4 but every little helps.

I also found this Journey Planner which is great as it gives you all the toll road details and amounts.

http://www.viamichelin.com/web/Routes

My triangle, breathalyzers, GB stickers and headlight beam adjusters have arrived. Now just to find another Hiviz vest or 2 for the passengers and some fire extinguishers and some spare bulbs and we are getting closer.

Last edited:
Which breakdown cover did you go for in the end Warren? Did you take up the ADAC service?

Cheers

Hey Gav I have not placed the order but unless I can find something better will be going with ADAC.

It seemed pretty darn comprehensive when I was looking at it back then. Reckon I'll go with it too - just wondered how you'd got on with it...

Heading to alps France then Italy this weekend - whoohoo!!

bought one of those SANEF autopass gadgets for this trip - to save the queue and toll booth machine faff this time

it also works on M6 toll and severn bridge

will start my Offroad trip thread soon :)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the sanef gadget is good, saves a lot of messing about.

oh - forgot to post a linky

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/

yes it costs more than paying at the toll booths - but worth the saving of grief from wife when her snooze is disturbed by having to feed euros into the toll machine!
and the queues can be shorter on the autopass lanes, compared to cash/credit card lanes

when do you arrive in the fench alps Andy- I'm due to be in Annecy from Sat evening

when do you arrive in the fench alps Andy- I'm due to be in Annecy from Sat evening

On monday - after driving down from Aberdeen and taking Hull Ferry, then 2 days drive down to southern Alps nr embrun

Hi Andy i'm in Annecy going Col De l'Iseran tomorrow, First run of the Alp d'huez on fri and then on to Mt Ventoux for Sat & sun before heading back to AD'H. weather just turned cloudy today! Really suffering from not having aircon!

Jexcellent driving trails in italy. Alp d heuz for 18th

ha I arrived on the alp d'huez today, blew my tyre at the top of the town and no spares left! stuck at the bus stop but at least there is wifi. chances of a good roadside spot getting thin to zero but have been advised that just past the aero ramp is good for camping. hope fully I can get a tube in the morning to get me going again:pray:

Attachments

• small-4.jpg
    small-4.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 75
  • small-9-2.jpg
    small-9-2.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 65
  • small-7-2.jpg
    small-7-2.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 79
  • small-8-2.jpg
    small-8-2.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 89
All packed, 5 hours sleep and then off to the ferry.

Heading over to Strasbourg tomorrow night, Aosta the next and Pisa the following honk if you passing.

Catch you all when we return.

We're spending a few days elsewhere first so we'll be a few days behind you and won't be in Pisa till 16th-18th, camping just outside the city walls. I don't know if you'll have moved on by then Warren but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Safe in our very budget hotel next to the motorway cooking soup on a portable gas stove.

We just outside Lucca until the 17th Jon so will keep an eye out.

If any one plans a trip down past Barcelona, near Sitges, then welcome for BBQ and beer.

Gra,

Back