Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto hubs not working

JimmyLJ71

Just dragged my truck out of the garage to service it and get it ready for a trip to Morocco, i have found my Auto hubs are not kicking in.

I did have the engine re-built and wondered if perhaps the guy has forgotten to connect something up, this wire i found hanging under the gear box area.

1329652821683.jpg

UPDATE.

I do have power to the hubs, about ten volts, so i guess they are seized, never done them before.

Still have no idea hat the wires are for.

[youtube:3prktinv]xKczb5vvzF8[/youtube:3prktinv] ;)

I've since fitted hilux spindles for manual free wheeling hubs, but there's nothing wrong with doing what's in the video and leaving it. Difference in mpg is negligable, but you might find yourself playing with your wheel bearings a little more often..

Jim.

Many thanks :thumbup:

I can see i will probably end up taking that route, the only thing is i found in the Alps the auto locking hubs where useful to me as i have an auto box and very little gear braking.

The landies have a differential between the front and rear props so they could go down the hills in low range, the Landcruisers do not, traction was good, i found it best to put the box in low range and disconnect the hubs, ie two wheel drive low range, cant do that if they are permanently engaged.

Running out of time before i go away so i decided to lock them as the vid.

found that they had seized, freed them all up, packed them with marine grease, then found one of the motors not working, i am keeping the cog's so i can get it sorted when i come back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back