Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Auto transmission oil grade

J66P

I am sure it must be on here somewhere but i cant find it :roll:

Can anyone tell me for certain what type of oil goes in the Auto Transmission on my Cruiser

1997 3.4 V6 Petrol Colorado

I also take it that the axles just have standard EP 80 90 oil in ??

thanks in advance

I have the same model as yours and I think it's just Dextron II or similar that you need.

I recently changed my ATF with fully synth stuff from here; http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

You can use the "service packs" link and see all the fluids for your car... :thumbup:

wheres the service packs link, I have tried a search but didnt come up

Half way down the page on the left hand side - look for a black square with white letters ;)

cheers

i had missed something, I was looking on here for something :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gerrit on the South African LC forum told me Dexron II is a superceded grade. The last licensed grade was Dexron III, which should be perfect as a fluid in older transmissions where the manufacturer originally stated that Dexron II fluid should be used. Dexron is a registered trademark of General Motors that used to be licensed, but no longer is. The result is that it is rather difficult to find Dexron labelled automatic transmission fluids these days.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
so I should be able to use Dextron 2 or 3 then ??

Hello yes i think most auto fluid you pick up at any motor factors say dextron 3 so that will be fine.

Joe

i was advised by my mechanic to use orig Toyota ATF for land cruisers..it is called T-IV...they are available at any Toyota Service center.

see below, it is the square tin can on your upper right..one can is all you need...it is measured exactly for the LC90 v6
12102010115.jpg

Back