Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Autogear stick problems - HELP!!

mikesudworth

Hi all,

Had my landcruiser Prado for about a year now and loving it, its a 1997 model with the 3L Diesel engine (KZK95) and 4 speed automatic.

Was doing some work on the car the other day and had to remove the centre console, which included the bit around the gearstick.

This meant I had to remove the two screws from the back of the gearstick (quite small) to help get the cover off. When I did this, the gearstick popped up and two bits came out which I put to one side (a large spring and the plastic button).

Finished what I was doing and put everything back together. Started the car and tried to change gear but it wont move out of park even with the brake depressed.
I have checked and the brakelights are working ok and I can hear a slight click in the gearbox when I press the brake pedal but it wont move.

I had to resort to leaving the screws out the back of the stick and lifting it slightly to change gear. It drives normally but would realy like to get it fixed.

Have I missed something in putting it back together? Can get some photos if it helps.

Back