Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ay-up (Yorkshire for hello!)

Becki Scott

Country Flag
great_britain
Ay-up.
Born and raised in West Yorkshire,UK.
Just inherited my in-laws Landcruiser.
It’s a 2007, LC4, 8 seater, KDJ120R. 3.0 D-4D auto, 95k in Navy. Had Nissan Qashqais since 2008 but need something with a bit more ooompf for the Yorkshire roads, potholes and snow!
No mods - but I’m having the walnut dash covered in black gloss vinyl to make it feel less like my grandads, and I’m getting the audio / sat nav unit updated. Looking to get it remapped / chipped in the summer. But otherwise won’t be going to overboard with mods.
Still getting my head around all the different models but looking forward to being part of the community!

Welcome along. There's no such thing as West Yorkshire you know, it's all God's County. Well other than Bratford maybe. Ha ha.

You're part of the community already.

er you may want to consider satin black on that dash instead of gloss...

Hi Becky and Welcome. Great intro. :thumbup:
I second the Satin Black suggestion from IRLGW. I would also have it looked at underneath by somebody who knows Cruisers and have any rust treated or if it’s a good one, prevented before it gets too much salt damage. If you ask Andy Lomas nicely he might take a look for you.
You’re in good company up in that neck of the woods anyway.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Last edited:
Hi Becki and welcome. Dont know much about modern cruisers but would second the satin or even matt black for less glare or reflections.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ay-up.
Born and raised in West Yorkshire,UK.
Just inherited my in-laws Landcruiser.
It’s a 2007, LC4, 8 seater, KDJ120R. 3.0 D-4D auto, 95k in Navy. Had Nissan Qashqais since 2008 but need something with a bit more ooompf for the Yorkshire roads, potholes and snow!
No mods - but I’m having the walnut dash covered in black gloss vinyl to make it feel less like my grandads, and I’m getting the audio / sat nav unit updated. Looking to get it remapped / chipped in the summer. But otherwise won’t be going to overboard with mods.
Still getting my head around all the different models but looking forward to being part of the community!

If you can get all the plastic wood off have them hydro dipped and you can choose from an infinite number of finishes.

Thanks guys. Thanks for the lovely welcome and top tips!
I've got the walnut plastic panels off and stuck a few vinyl samples on. I preferred the gloss finish but i'm not sure how well it will last. It's cheap enough to get redone, so I might try a different finish /colour / pattern next time. Will research the hydro dip too Andy, but I just needed a quick fix to get rid of the walnut!
Have got a good 4x4 guy on board and he'll be giving it a good look over shortly before I spend too much money on making it look pretty!
And once it runs great and looks good, I'll be asking you all where I can put it through its paces!

Bit late to this party, but welcome aboard Becki...

It’s a bit modern by my standards but the underside protection warning from Rich is good advice, the later cruisers are not as resistant as some of the earlier models have proven.

Has nobody asked for pics yet? :icon-rolleyes:

Let’s have some pics Becki, we all love to see pics. :)

For the underside, if not already given some protection don’t jump straight in and cover it without checking on here. Some coatings are better than others. Look into ‘Krown’ as a good handful of guys have treated their trucks with it including me.

Hi Becki, welcome to the club! I'm more of an 80 man but also in West Yorkshire (Leeds LS6). I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful advice on here, I certainly did when I joined :)

I’m waiting to get it valeted before I post photos! It’s not been cleaned in ages and the in laws took it to Spain for their winter break so it’s proper grotty! He was supposed to come Wednesday but we had biblical rain so he’s booked in for Tuesday!
Will get my mechanic to give the underneath a good look and check with you guys if anything needs work!

I’m waiting to get it valeted before I post photos! It’s not been cleaned in ages and the in laws took it to Spain for their winter break so it’s proper grotty! He was supposed to come Wednesday but we had biblical rain so he’s booked in for Tuesday!
Will get my mechanic to give the underneath a good look and check with you guys if anything needs work!

Biblical rain? That is a valet where I am !!

Yep, pics are mandatory, otherwise its just a story. Warts an’ all, lets ‘av ‘em...

:banana-gotpics:

:text-worthless:

:laughing-rolling:TE="Chris, post: 1483492, member: 5761"]Welcome along. There's no such thing as West Yorkshire you know, it's all God's County. Well other than Bratford maybe. Ha ha.

You're part of the community already.[/QUOTE]

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Have had the beast valeted today and it's come up sparkling!
Will post a few 'before' photos when I've worked out how to get them off my photo and on the forum.
Can't wait to post after photos once I've got the trim back in place, mats in situ and parcel shelf installed.

You can drag pics from your computer straight to the thread.

Got my 'walnut' trims back from the sign guy - he's done an awesome job coating them in black gloss vinyl. Gotta wait til next week before the door trim is properly fitted (inside door panel has to come off to screw them in), but the ignition and front dash just pushes on and (i think) it looks fab, and i love it! Starting to really feel like my car now.

You know what Becki, I had my doubts about gloss but they look sweet. Good choice! :thumbup:

Back