Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

B9003 sat nav unit and fitting reverse camera

Glad it’s worked out and was nothing more aero than a run down batteries. Glad too that you’ve got the camera working after all that effort in the cold. I recollect now that I too had to play around with the camera settings on the headunit. That’s also where you turn on the onscreen guidelines fir the camera.

Great stuff ! As you didn't need to buy new batteries, more to spend on truck goodies. haha

So I thought it was the batteries - got home last night, charged them both to full. Started this morning fine, drove about 7 miles, started again fine after that stop. About 5 miles down the road a light flickered on an off a couple of times, I think it was the glow plug coil, but it only flashed briefly. Another mile or two down the a1 and the dash lit up - Airbag, handbrake, VSC TRC, VSC OFF and battery. My dash cam also was off charge and running on battery and the cruise control stopped working.

Managed to get to my garage and it wouldn't turn on again so it has been left there and I'll wait for the verdict....

Hmmm maybe it is the alternator then - those symptoms would match - shame you didn't manage to get a voltage reading from the battery while it was fired up and running!

If the alternator doesnt work, all the electrics will just be going off your battery., and the voltage will be dropping as it drains.

Cruise control etc will stop working as the voltage gets low, so its all related.

Once its sorted, its worth getting a little voltmeter for inside, then you can always see at a glance what your current voltage is. You can then see immediately if you're getting less than 14 volts on startup, and you'd know if you've got a problem!

Yes I thought it sounded like it may now be the alternator and the flashing was down to the batteries draining. Will get one sorted for once it is back. Hopefully get it back Monday so will see what the outcome is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's beyond my capabilities and has to potential to make more problems than just the alternator! It's been left at the garage and I don't want it back until it can be driven back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back