Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back door drop. Cracked door skin.

But you've only got 3 doors Shayne, how can that be an upgrade?

I will never understand a designer putting seats in the back of a car, then making those who want to use them climb over the front passenger and driver to get to them :lol:.

Aye but having to use the low box on tarmac winding climbs to follow an 80 sort of makes up for it :teasing-neener:

Surprised you of all people liked my comment Joe - don't tell me you still miss your 90 series ?

Aye but having to use the low box on tarmac winding climbs to follow an 80 sort of makes up for it :teasing-neener:

Surprised you of all people liked my comment Joe - don't tell me you still miss your 90 series ?

lol, no i love the new 120 just wish i still had the rear difflock like the 95 series had. I will let you all laugh at the ATRAC in a few weeks time when im stuck at lincomb :laughing-rolling: Apart from that it does slightly more MPG and carrys me and family across to our adventures in comfort.

Now sell it and upgrade to a 90 series :icon-wink:

I had one of those before! Still got another 25K miles to do in this one to beat it. The 120 is a much nicer car for what I use it for I'm afraid.

View attachment 106495 Finally got round to looking at / bodging this. Take off spare wheel from door. Unbolt the door stopper. Undo one hinge bolt at a time, there's a plate that I think will drop if you did two bolts together. Get Mrs C to lift the door and slide in M10 penny washers. Door now closes perfectly. Will have to keep an eye on the split in the skin join.
Very good. I am glad this worked. I am experiencing a problem with a little saggy rear door (5 to 10 mm sag at the latch). The doors still latch and lock but without a "click", I have to shut it a bit harder in order to close them.
How did you decide if you should use 1 or 2 or 3 washers? For the upper bolt you used 2 washers and for the bottom 3 washers, why?

Very good. I am glad this worked. I am experiencing a problem with a little saggy rear door (5 to 10 mm sag at the latch). The doors still latch and lock but without a "click", I have to shut it a bit harder in order to close them.
How did you decide if you should use 1 or 2 or 3 washers? For the upper bolt you used 2 washers and for the bottom 3 washers, why?
Just trial and error to see how it lined up. Still closes fine, 4 years later.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back