Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bad ending to my holiday week

:thumbup: Were you getting withdrawal symptoms Clive?

:thumbup: Were you getting withdrawal symptoms Clive?

Absolutely! Three trips to the house in a matchbox toy car! The only good thing, I saved a fortune on fuel! The Dacia was pulling 5.5l/100km which is about 50+ mpg.

Can't wait till Friday, its a national holiday off here, so an early dart on Thursday and 3 whole days to ourselves :dance:

well done clive but your photos dont load on my computer tried a couple of refreash but to no luck.
stu

I dunno what to say Stu, they look fine on my laptop, iPad and iPhone :think:

Is anyone else having photo difficulties??

Thanks Grant, all's well that ends well... :icon-biggrin:

I can see the pics OK Clive.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Absolutely! Three trips to the house in a matchbox toy car! The only good thing, I saved a fortune on fuel! The Dacia was pulling 5.5l/100km which is about 50+ mpg.

Can't wait till Friday, its a national holiday off here, so an early dart on Thursday and 3 whole days to ourselves :dance:

Bugger, bugger, bugger damn! Ive just received instruction to go to Istanbul again tomorrow for 3 days, there goes my Friday off :angry-screaming:

I'll have to have next Monday off instead.

Oh how I dream of retirement... If only I had a pension big enough! :lol:

I take it you're a bit peed off Clive. :think:

I take it you're a bit peed off Clive. :think:

To say the least Chas. I was away for three days last week, and the buggers booked me in on the 20:30 flight leaving Istanbul on Friday. If that wasn't late enough (it's only an hour flight and 30 mins in a taxi) due to be home at 22:00, hour and a half drive to the house 11:30, is doable.

So what do I find? I tried to check in on-line the day before, and got a message the site isn't working, try later. Later tries failed, so at the airport I tried the check-in machine. That wouldn't work, so I had to queue to check-in with the other millions which really pees me off when I have no luggage.

After queueing for over an hour, he says all the seats are taken on this flight, you should have checked in earlier :wtf:
They had over-sold the seats on that flight by 35 people :shock:

That must be criminal, if there was any justice, selling a seat you don't have. Anyway, cutting a very long story (and even longer queuing) short, after an unscheduled overnight at a hotel I got away in time to be home mid-day on Saturday. Half the weekend lost.

Then next weekend gets fcuked up as well. Sorry, not happy. :( Rant over, for now :icon-rolleyes:

So happy for you! I'm guessing that the fuel saved while the 80 was in the shop paid for the repairs? :icon-biggrin:

So happy for you! I'm guessing that the fuel saved while the 80 was in the shop paid for the repairs? :icon-biggrin:

I wish Aaron, but it certainly helped!

I'm so looking forward to this weekend, I can't wait to get back home tomorrow to drive my repaired truck :dance:

Just to close this out, here's some pics of the shafts that were replaced...

The failed Birfield, I don't have the failed cage or the ball bearings to see what state they were in, but all the damage I can see is the aftermath damage following the cage disintegrating and all the balls falling out. The Birf inner is loose (rotationally) on the shaft, damaged by tumbling about inside the outer race, no doubt. Otherwise, it looks in good condition to me :think:

DSCN4769.JPG

DSCN4770.JPG

DSCN4774.JPG

The ABS sprocket is mangled, (no ABS on my truck anyway) probably by ball/cage debris.

DSCN4773.JPG

The other side, the long shaft...

DSCN4771.JPG

DSCN4772.JPG

Still looks good to me, but I didn't want to take any chances.

All new in there now. Till the next time :lol:

Clive, Good to hear your truck is back on the road....

Back