Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bargain 80?

Engine is a bit low on power though....

Lol, 17cv is the fiscal value you have to pay when registering a car. It would be very expensive if new, but drops with each year. You only pay it of rego, i think my collie was 300€? But there is no road tax. Someone bought a car from belgium new and had to pay nearly 3k to register it recently! Would have been cheaper in france
Still chuffin expensive for a 180k mile truck!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol, 17cv is the fiscal value you have to pay when registering a car. It would be very expensive if new, but drops with each year. You only pay it of rego, i think my collie was 300€? But there is no road tax. Someone bought a car from belgium new and had to pay nearly 3k to register it recently! Would have been cheaper in france
Still chuffin expensive for a 180k mile truck!

We have no road tax as such, but instead there's a property tax, applied to land, buildings and vehicles. The charges for the apartment, the house and the land are negligible really amounting to about €500 annually, but the vehicle tax is a stinger for me. For most folks with a regular sort of car up to 1.6 litres, it's very cheap at about €50 per year, but my truck sets me back about €1,800 per year. :shock:

Blimey that's expensive (Not the property tax!) My 350€ is it until I sell it and the next person registers it. Our 2 property taxes (services and land) come to a whopping 1000€ a year. Mind its not grand 3 bed semi with 3000m2 land. Still an awful lot cheaper than uk

Uk prices are probably the cheapest out there yet most offer countries including the USA, Japan good ones go easily for around $25000. Recently I've heard the 80 series values are higher than the 100 series in Japan.

Here in North Cyprus worst shape models range from £14000 upwards so you can appreciate what a good one may cost.

€1800 Clive that's got to be daylight robbery :eusa-naughty:

You must bear in mind in the UK most 80s that are not kept by loving owners will have such severe corrosion problems which cost more than there are worth to get them into Cyprus reg 80s condition which might only have cosmetic sun damage, in Cyprus corrosion is not a issue you dont realise how lucky you are to be able to buy a car without having to worry about such severe corrosion that folk in the UK do.
Kind regards
Antonis

Blimey that's expensive (Not the property tax!) My 350€ is it until I sell it and the next person registers it. Our 2 property taxes (services and land) come to a whopping 1000€ a year. Mind its not grand 3 bed semi with 3000m2 land. Still an awful lot cheaper than uk

Nice size that Steve, we've just under 2,000 but it's enough TBH, takes a bit of maintenance...

Uk prices are probably the cheapest out there yet most offer countries including the USA, Japan good ones go easily for around $25000. Recently I've heard the 80 series values are higher than the 100 series in Japan.

Here in North Cyprus worst shape models range from £14000 upwards so you can appreciate what a good one may cost.

€1800 Clive that's got to be daylight robbery :eusa-naughty:

Indeed it is Dervis, but it's all part of the master plan though, to price the big oily ones off the road

Back