Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baselining My 80 / Overland Build

Here's a tip you may not know about posting pics on here taken with a phone. Before you select and upload them, just open each one in any kind of picture viewer. On a Mac, I use Preview. Click the rotate image button a few times until they've gone 360 degrees. They probably look the right way up to you until you post them then suddenly they aren't? This sort of resets the picture. When you upload it to the browser they should be fixed. You shouldn't need to save or anything, just spin them to give them a new top and bottom

Here's a tip you may not know about posting pics on here taken with a phone. Before you select and upload them, just open each one in any kind of picture viewer. On a Mac, I use Preview. Click the rotate image button a few times until they've gone 360 degrees. They probably look the right way up to you until you post them then suddenly they aren't? This sort of resets the picture. When you upload it to the browser they should be fixed. You shouldn't need to save or anything, just spin them to give them a new top and bottom

Is something up with them then?

On my screen some of them are 90 degrees rotated, yes.

Aye, the last few are all 'landscape' instead of 'portrait' ;-)

Weird. On the iPad they seem fine. I have used a new phone to take photos in portrait recently. Will see what I can do to fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
on my PC, they were 90 deg out. Could only correct the last two as I have no permissions to change the other two.

I can't give you the tech lowdown here, but when you take a pic with a phone it knows which way up it is. When you load that somewhere else there is a code that goes with it. Some devices I guess can see that code and some can't or whatever. If you open them first and spin them round, they refresh that somehow and start from scratch. iphones are particularly annoying at doing that. I spin all mine and it stop that from happening.

I normally copy iPhone and iPad photos to a hard drive via my laptop. That way you see the orientation that windows "sees" them.

Than you can rotate them using the usual windows photo management, then post them from the laptop.

TBH, when I attach photos from the iPad to a forum post, I don't recall having issues.

Picked up the completed drawers this evening. Plenty of space now to put stuff :icon-biggrin:. Hope these are up the right way this time. Next up, first fix for water tank and battery.

image1a.jpg

image2a.jpg

Last edited:
OK if in Oz! lol doh doh and double doh!
Actually they look pretty good!
:)

Does everything fall out of when you open them? You seem to have installed them upside down...

there, that's better .........

.... I must pay more attention.

x200 :icon-biggrin:

Been a bit busy over the last few weeks with the interior. First, we got a fridge to go in the purpose made hole ............

IMG_0036 (800x600).jpg

then, having taken the rear seats out, set about making the frame to support the clothes storage area which goes around the 55 litre water tank. I love the aluminium and plastic corners method of construction, makes it very light and pretty sturdy. I didn't need to drill any holes in the floor. All the mountings to the bodywork are via B&Q brackets to seat mounting holes. ....

IMG_0025 (800x600).jpg

then fitted the auxilliary battery and split charge system - I used a T-Max as I have one in my Landy and it has always worked well .....

IMG_0024 (800x600).jpg

I clad it in 12mm plywood and painted it with black emulsion. The green covers are from an old bivvy with aluminium glued and riveted to the bottom to weight it down and has little velcro squares to hold it shut. .....

IMG_0032 (600x800).jpg

there's enough space for 4 wolf boxes now ....

IMG_0033 (600x800).jpg

to the right at the bottom is a door which gives access to the air pump and some storage for boots, shoes and bits and pieces ....

IMG_0042(2) (600x800).jpg

the filler for the water tank is here ...........

IMG_0044(2) (800x600).jpg

also, fitted one of these as I can't see out the back anymore ....

IMG_0037 (800x600).jpg

its got wide angle and normal cameras which I can switch between using this .....

IMG_0039 (800x600).jpg

and the final result is this - needs a polish though ...........

IMG_0046(2) (800x600).jpg

IMG_0045(2) (800x600).jpg

and I finally managed to get the winch fitted. Tip for anyone buying a 12000 Warrior and fitting to a bumper like this from Accessoire 4x4 is that because the motor is bigger, it will not sit central on the winch plate which means the holes have to be moved 12mm and new re-inforcing welded in.

Pretty happy with the result and the shakedown starts this Friday as we are off to Portugal for a fortnight driving North to South off road with a couple of friends in Landys. Can't wait :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
gotta say, that looks the bollocks! real nice bit of work there, how the hell do you get into that top drawer though!!

Back