Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

battery capacity 100vx amazon

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I have located toyota 100 series batteries in Inverness and I am told they are 70Ah..at £112 each which i think is good!
My car batteries are rated 90Ah..batteries are flat and Im going to try charging and assessing them.. ...point is was 90Ah an upgrade by last owner and will it be ok to go down to 70Ah
without any problems .???
thanks for all advice
david

Its the CCA (amps) that you need to check, to make sure it can start the car.

The Ah is an indicator of how long the battery will last if its getting discharged. If you have a 90Ah, you can leave your lights on a bit longer (compared to a 70 Ah) without the engine running - that type of thing

But unless you're sitting there for hours running fridges, radios and lights without the engine, it probably wont make much difference to you

thank you
I will ask if they have the 90Ah batteries...
david

Get your batteries at halfords or euro parts - theyre guaranteed and branches everywhere to take it back if you have a problem on the road

Obviously 90Ah batteries will be heavier and possibly bigger, so its all a trade off.

On my 120 the batteries are a bit bigger than the original batteries so overhang the battery tray a bit. But id rather have the extra capacity in case i have the radio on for hours or leave the lights on etc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do call Toyota as well, batteries are something they actually are price competitive in.

Obviously 90Ah batteries will be heavier and possibly bigger, so its all a trade off.

On my 120 the batteries are a bit bigger than the original batteries so overhang the battery tray a bit. But id rather have the extra capacity in case i have the radio on for hours or leave the lights on etc
many thanks to you all will use this info!!
david

With two 100AH batteries are there any changes you have to make on the car?I know you get extra current run time with engine off!Is that the only other advantage besides more power on starting up??

OEM is 2 x 95 Ah for the HDJ100, so 90Ah is not an upgrade. 90 - 95 -100 doesn't matter tho', high CCA counts more than a 5% difference in Ah.

70 Ah will be fine, as long as CCA is good. You just have to be a bit more restrictive when it playing the radio with the engine off. :)

Calcium batteries normally last a bit longer, and often have a longer warranty period.

If you still have the heater grid connected, it is not unlikely that the batteries will not last past the 3 or 4 years warranty.
With two 100AH batteries are there any changes you have to make on the car?I know you get extra current run time with engine off!Is that the only other advantage besides more power on starting up??
You don't necessarily have more starting power with 100 instead of 90 Ah. It's the CCA that decides starting power. If the 100 Ah battery fits physically, there are no changes to be made. You'll find both 90, 95 and 100 Ah batteries with the same dimensions.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info.Im likely to get 100Ah if affordable or if. Toyota have that !
thanks
david

I've just replaced my batteries on preventative maintenance basis - the old batteries were over 7 years old and still good, but I'm going on a trip and don't want to risk getting caught out. I ordered exactly the same batteries I had before from Tayna ...

S4 028 Bosch Car Battery 12V 95Ah Type 249 S4028
1​
£111.29​
S4 029 Bosch Car Battery 12V 95Ah Type 250 S4029
1​
£110.45​
P&P
£17.78​
TOTAL
£239.52​

Best specs I could find for 27 series batteries were actually yuasa from Halfords! Highest CCA and highest ah.

Back