Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pair of matched batteries

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I am in inverness scotland and having trouble sourcing pair of matched batteries for my 100vx
what I want is 12V 90Ah and 700A…..anything higher like 95Ah and 800A will be fine but they must be matched!
tayna is only talking of a single battery…Halfords haven’t got..
any other sources?? Ebay only pair is £469!!
need to do better than this!!!
david

How about Parks Toyota Inverness?

Attachments

• BAAE5C28-1217-4ACC-AAD5-A6F1F4414BC0.png
    BAAE5C28-1217-4ACC-AAD5-A6F1F4414BC0.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 8
Im waiting for parks toyota reply!!
is there a difference between matched pair and just a physically compatible pair??if not a stupid question then tayna can do batteries to fit my car at 100Ah..and these are YUASA 5334 and 5335
dont know much about batteries!!!
david

I dont think theres any difference - you basically want the same batteries but with the terminals switched around. (Which im sure you already know!)

Halfords have them for about 140 each. Think theyre the same ones ive got in the 120

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Varta part No.s for the 80 series are 595 405 083 G8 for driver's side (RHD) and 595 404 083 G7 for passenger side. Both 95ah 830cca. I would assume both will fit a dual battery 100 series if batteries with handed (reversed) terminals are required. Around £100 each from various Varta stockists.

Great I will see what toyota says to,morrow am.Halfords said not in stock!
Thanks to you all
david

TOYOTA IN INVERNESS NOT ABLE TO ADVISE BUT HAVE 12V 70AH BATTERIES…I DONT WANT THAT SPEC!
SO I HAVE ORDERED TWO FROM TAYNA 12V 100AH 830A WHICH IS OK I THINK
THANKS FOR ALL ADVICE
DAVID

Reactions: uHu
For future reference:
What you need for the HDJ100 is a pair of batteries of same type and technology, and with identical specs when it comes to specific gravity vs charge level and voltage. That normally means a pair of batteries from the same factory and of nearly same production time. The batteries should have opposite (mirrored) terminal positions. Many manufacturers sell matched pairs in this size range, as they are is often used in lorries/vans with 24 v systems.

It is possible to alter the cabling and terminal positions in the vehicle, but that is rather involved. Batteries in vehicles are positioned such that there is as low as possible risk for the positive pole to get in contact with chassis/body in case of an accident/collision.

It is possible to convert to having only one battery for starting the 1HD engine, but that depends on the CCA of the battery and the operating temperatures of the vehicle. And again, the cabling and fusible link positions have to be modified.

Tayna
Online.
249 and 250 - same battery with terminals swapped.
Delivered to the door - great service

Back