Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Best Roof Racks

warrenpfo

In the market for some roof racks and wondered who makes the best feet and if i can then add my own bars??

Looking for 4 at the moment and who knows maybe even a full rack at some point but for now just the roof bars will do.

I like these if anyone wants to offer to make up few sets

Roof rack 1.jpg
image-1457372815.jpg

Hmmm :think:

Nice and simple. I may know a man that can. Ill buzz him tomorrow.

I know the foot is 100mm long and the box that has been cut has a nut tacked to it for the bolt to thread into. Like you I think its simple and gives options as to how or what you mint to them.

A chap at the end of my road has a nice shop and will have a chat with him but just thought it worth asking.

I like that; simple, sturdy and practical.

That does look nice.

My only addition might be some slight height adjustment to allow for the gutter longitudinal arch profile (two piece on the diagonal, slots in each and a pair of nuts and bolts - stainless of course). If not possible in stainless, there is quite a reasonable powder coating company between Witney and Oxford just of the A40.

I'd be up for a set...

they are vefy nice maybe a tad high??
i like the way the patriot feet are in pairs with a bar of metal to spread the load along the roof rails.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you had a look at the old Thule gutter mount feet? They were a semi similar design, but instead of a bolt on the top there was a sleeve that the bar slid through. I'm bereft of knowledge on steel, but is there a way that a similar box could be included so that the cross bar is located within that, therefore reducing shear load on a bolt that holds the bar in place.

Also is it worth putting a small supporting brace underneath from the outer most point to the upright so that the load is spread onto the bracket better?

Put me down for something if you do something please Chris as it would be an easy fix for me to mount my roof tent. Been pondering for sometime.

Cheers for posting the photos Warren:thumbup:

Not fussed really but I guess cost will be the deciding factor. Given I want at least 4 and maybe 6 I guess it's going to add up fast.

I got the pics from Mud and will post the link if it helps.

I was thinking somewhere around £45 a pair, £70 for 4, £90 for 6. Coating included. In steel. Would have to price up ally before I can confirm a price but I would be concerned with strength in ally.

Hi Chris
Put me down for 6 please. Obviously they will have to be coated in black :icon-biggrin:

Do you do them with cubby Chris.....?

Oops, wrong thread :oops: :lol:

Do you do them with cubby Chris.....?

Oops, wrong thread :oops: :lol:

Didn't want to step on any toes thats why I left it well alone once I put in my 2cents. No one had offered with these when Karl asked me if I fancied it so I gave a price. Bog standard bulky black plastic ones are about £40 a pair from thule.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I think the BOAB 40x40mm bars and a pair of feet are £49 or the 40x20mm £45 iirc. Just another alternative. They are not adjustable as designed but you can fit spacers. I like the simplicity of the BOAB feet - no welded joints to fatigue fracture, just bolts together.

Back