Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BF Goodrich tyres in the Dakar

Andrew Prince

Scroll most of the way down the page to see the tyres being used. They have an "All Terrain+" tyre that the main prototype cars seem to be using. Some of the more production car-based prototypes like the Bowler are using KM2s - I would have thought that the KM2s didn't have a high enough speed rating but maybe that doesn't matter in a race situation? Some cars using the good old standard AT too!
Interesting tyre size too - 245/80/16. Just a tiny bit smaller than a 265/75 height-wise.

http://dakar.bfgoodrich.com/en

Lots of Toyotas to follow - even a desert prototype RAV. I see the husband and wife team (the Favre couple) are back in their 105 - they did pretty well last year IIRC

Hmm - Cooper replacing the STTs with ST MAXX tyres. Interesting to see which tyres perform and which don't - are any tyre stats available I wonder?

Lorin said:
The Toyota Dakar team ran Cooper tyres in 2010 and 2011, and are again in 2012
Chris will be happy to see the 155 is running the Discoverer ST (presumably Maxx?).

The factory 200s are running BFG KM2s, according to the pictures... The private 200s also seem to be running KM2s.
There's even a (KDJ)120 entered - hope he had his injectors done before he left :lol:

Sad to see no 80s seem to be entered :(

EDIT: Only saw Gary's post after I posted.

Back