Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big Reach-out from The Evergreen State

Joseph Kleid

Country Flag
united_states
Currently in process of purchasing a 1992 Prado 24v, imported from Japan- already here and paperwork complete, 2.5 diesel.

My concern is purchase of maintenance items- basically filters
going to upgrade the radio- gave away all my cassettes! -not into great sound, just basics, bluetooth
gps
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Joe

Welcome aboard Joe,:thumbup: @Beau, would be the best guy to advise you on that side of the pond where to get stuff
And when you have this fine vehicle in your hands, photos are obligatory, nay, mandatory:icon-biggrin:

A diesel. Fuel may be harder to find than filters over there!
Welcome Joe, looking forward to seeing the truck evolve.

Welcome to the forum! Nice purchase there.

Diesel is easy to find here and popularity is growing fast. Here in Florida 90% of stations have Diesel.

With maintenance items, My local Toyota has oil filters for around $25 a piece. Yours probably not, but all items can be ordered online from amayama. Or if you have a buddy somewhere over in Europe, they can easily get hold of items and have them shipped over. I also head over to the UK couple times a year, so give me a shout if you need anything.

Not 100% sure with that engine, but most toyota 4x4 diesel engine's use the same oil/fuel filters. Air filters are washable and don't need to be changed often.

Currently in process of purchasing a 1992 Prado 24v, imported from Japan- already here and paperwork complete, 2.5 diesel.

My concern is purchase of maintenance items- basically filters
going to upgrade the radio- gave away all my cassettes! -not into great sound, just basics, bluetooth
gps
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Joe
Hello Joe & welcome aboard.1+ to the above but what's wrong with the cassette? :) one of my external HDD has just failed & one of my tech/geek mates tells me that he still backs up the really important stuff on tape...

Welcome to the forum Joe, looking forward to seeing your truck and photos of your adventures in it.

Sadly, I've only been to Florida once, not a hill in sight but plenty of bogs to try your skills...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope you guys aren't going to be in the way of Irma.
Stay safe guys

It will actually be on the coast, about 15 miles away. Hoping it won't make landfall. Cruiser has been put to work these past few days boarding up windows at our properties. Time will tell how bad it is

How did you guys get on ?
Everybody safe and well I hope

:text-+1:
I meant to say earlier, welcome to the forum Joe, I missed where you're located but if it's anywhere near these hurricanes I hope you're not affected too badly.

@Beau, hope you're ok and looking forward to you checking in.

Last edited:
@StarCruiser Everything was fine my end. House was boarded up and the family was prepared for the worse. Luckily Irma took path on the west coast and cut back in mainland which saved us (I live on the east coast), so we were only experiences winds as high as 70mph. Couple trees fell here and there but nothing on any of the cars, some flooding on low level areas too. Cruiser was garaged of course so didn't get any of that nasty salt water on her! All in a very lucky escape, I know it could have been a lot worse.

@StarCruiser Everything was fine my end. House was boarded up and the family was prepared for the worse. Luckily Irma took path on the west coast and cut back in mainland which saved us (I live on the east coast), so we were only experiences winds as high as 70mph. Couple trees fell here and there but nothing on any of the cars, some flooding on low level areas too. Cruiser was garaged of course so didn't get any of that nasty salt water on her! All in a very lucky escape, I know it could have been a lot worse.
Glad to hear you're Ok Beau. Looks like the storm surge has resulted in some sea water flooding which is never good as you say with all that salt. Glad your cruiser has avoided that. As you say, could have been so much worse.

Back