Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bigger tire size

Brecht

Country Flag
belgium
Hello, I am aware that this question was askes before. I saw a great deal on bfg ko2 tires but there are 265/75r16 instead of 265/70r16 wich is the standerd size.

I saw some answers saying it would fit WITHOUT A LIFT and some saying it wil rub against the chassis etc.
Currently running the standard size general grabber hts60.
Does anyone have experience with this? It is a big risk to buy these tires and having them rub against something!

Thanks in advance!

@Brecht
Hi Brecht. It's all personal choice, but after running 265/75's for a few years, I'm going back to 265/70's when my current KO2's run out. This is because I am trying to save every penny when it comes to fuel these days, and in my tiny mind I am thinking that wider tyres need more fuel to roll!

The 265/75 R16's that I am currently running do rub a little on full lock, and I have a 2" peddars suspension lift.

Hi Brecht. It's all personal choice, but after running 265/75's for a few years, I'm going back to 265/70's when my current KO2's run out. This is because I am trying to save every penny when it comes to fuel these days, and in my tiny mind I am thinking that wider tyres need more fuel to roll!

The 265/75 R16's that I am currently running do rub a little on full lock, and I have a 2" peddars suspension lift.
Yeah I would think it will save you atleast 1-1,5L/100km and after some time the expense piles up.
Do they still rub on full lock even with an 2" inch suspension lift? Then I should not think about fitting these to my 90 on stock suspension.

With wheel spacers or offset wheels they wouldn't touch the frame on full lock - but then you might have to remove the mud flaps .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Brecht

Both tyres are the same width though right, 265mm? Or no?

No it does not work that way. Check tyre calculator it will give the answer.

I have 265m75/16s with slight offset compared to standard on my 95, the 75 rub on mud flaps on each lock...
I will be going back to standard when these are worn out...

just to add another tire experience,
I have 265/75 r16 Toyo Open Country Mt, lovely tire, on -22 offset steels. installed a week before my 2' suspension lift. on tired, original suspension they rubbed a lot, seriously limited steering.
after the lift they sometimes touch the mudflap in reverse only at full lock. probably would be perfect on a 0 offset rim. likely the rubbing could be fixed with a good custom alignment to center a bit more the wheel in the wheel well.

Or just buy what you want and make them fit :icon-biggrin:

upload_2017-10-4_22-23-37-jpeg.133794

No 33's which actually measure more like 32" on 16x10 wheels . Toyo 305/70/R16 if i remember correctly . 2 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension lift though the rear suspension might be more like 4" because i used a coil spacer as well . Big offset maybe 38mm i can't remember but no rubbing at all .

they look bigger then a 33 in the picture. Nice stance.
Now that you mentioned the coil spacers I can see the bit of forward lean.
My toyo 265/75 are a similar circumference as they are on 8J rims. Width probably not! Gives you a good contact patch I bet.

How did you find fitting the body lift? I have the kit of spacers including the steering spacer but keep leaving it as it looks like a bit of a faff. The rad repositioning looks simple. I guess just need easing out the hard brake lines and loosen the handbrake. Maybe a longer rear brakes flexi line?
Cheers

2 inches isn't much , I left the radiator where it was and cut the bottom of the cowl , it gets more air that way anyway . Undo steering coupling remove bumpers and lift . Didn't do anything specific with the brakes that i recall . Plans to overhaul them and handbrake where on the to do list anyway so i wasn't much worried about breaking anything and didn't .

No finesse just a big hammer and get on with it , the faff comes when your done and want to refit bumpers .

Cheers, may go for it once isn’t stops raining every day… guess it’s a good full day job..

Overthinking it is the worst part . You could just loosen the body mounts , jack up one side and shove the spacers in with longer bolts then do the other side and figure out afterwards what fouled , stretched or broke in the process .

That’s a fair and factual approach… I might do the rebushing of the front end first as I think the body gets in the way of the upper control arm bolts once lifted..thanks for the tips Shayne!

My one regret is not going the extra mile with each little job so my advice is when you change a single bush , nut , bracket , washer , spring ,whatever , go nuts with a wire brush etc just make a square foot brand new and before you know it there is no big job to do .

Back