Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bike Rack

[QUOTE="Rob Cowell, post: 1445379, member: 7023have a wheel support pendle rack. They sell longer arms to clear the rear mounted spare wheel on my 120. It feels a bit bouncy but doesn't seem to move in motion. Cart bikes up and down to southern France with it.

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/shopping/ws-rack.php
Thats the one i used to have but the four bike version for going out with the lads. A also had a little double thule one for when i went on my own or with a mate.

we actually snapped the ball off my tow hitch with the big pendle fully loaded once. The hitch came with the truck so i had no idea of its rating though..[/QUOTE]

It's one of the reasons I'm not very exited about ball hitch mounts. I had one years ago and it worked well, but it eventually started slipping on the ball. I did some welds and adjustments, but it was never the same afterwards. I ended up drilling straight through it and the ball, and sticking a big bolt right through. I didn't use the hitch for towing, before I get a flood of WTFs :lol:

After i put a 3.5t rated hitch on there was never a problem tbh clive.

My old favorite DH/FR Merida Cobra, 16 years old and nothing I've bought since comes anywhere near it.

IMG_9721.JPG

Try to hang a frame that shape, I have all ways up and sideways, none were really any good. I used to have one prong wedged through the front triangle and the other under the nose of the saddle, strapped down. Not ideal.

Love this bike, fits me perfectly and we know each other very well. I'm getting too old for the XC bikes, they're gathering dust in the shed nicely, but this old one gets a run down the mountain from time to time.

Won't be long before the snow goes on Sinaia, can't wait to get it muddy again :lol: :thumbup:

I've still got my old Chrome Moly framed GT Avalanche I bought back in '91 and use it as my ride to work hack. Sold it to by brother in law around 2000 and bought an ally framed GT XCR3000 with full suspenders. Broke the swingarm on that twice and finished up up getting the old Avalanche back when my Bro in law bought a new Boardman.
I fabbed up a rear carrier for the back to take the laptop bag and flask etc. Not the lightest cycle around but very strong with 80 series reliability:thumbup:

A set of probable the most reliable forks evermade too clive.
my hunting ground was the peaks, hence chapel gate, my favourite down hill. Used to go around stanage edge aswell tow pack.

Thats the one i used to have but the four bike version for going out with the lads. A also had a little double thule one for when i went on my own or with a mate.

we actually snapped the ball off my tow hitch with the big pendle fully loaded once. The hitch came with the truck so i had no idea of its rating though..

It's one of the reasons I'm not very exited about ball hitch mounts. I had one years ago and it worked well, but it eventually started slipping on the ball. I did some welds and adjustments, but it was never the same afterwards. I ended up drilling straight through it and the ball, and sticking a big bolt right through. I didn't use the hitch for towing, before I get a flood of WTFs :lol:[/QUOTE]

Mine mounts behind the ball, there are options for either firmest. And you can expand the 2 bike fittings to 4. At the moment the kids bikes fit in the car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry CG, I've kinda jacked your thread, unintentionally.

Yep, Bomber 888 RC3s, EVO V2s to be exact, and they are bomb-proof, but they're bloody heavy :lol:.

Weight isn't too much of a problem on a run (I feel I could hit anything with 200mm travel to go at) but if I have to climb with it, it's a PITA. The 7005 aly Cobra weighs in at 17 kg with them on :doh:

Marzocchi rule TBH, got 888s on the Scott DH as well, and some nice lighter Marzocchis (don't remember the name) on the carbon Scott XC.

A set of probable the most reliable forks evermade too clive.
my hunting ground was the peaks, hence chapel gate, my favourite down hill. Used to go around stanage edge aswell tow pack.

Done Chapel Gate many times on a motorcycle although not recently thanks to the permanent TRO now in place. Ditto Stanage Edge.

Done Chapel Gate many times on a motorcycle although not recently thanks to the permanent TRO now in place. Ditto Stanage Edge.
Its ruined now, leveled off with hardcore.
We used to have some cracking duels with the motocross lads downhill, most of the time we would beat them, no chance going back up though...

I followed a mountain bike down Pindale recently and he was going like stink! No idea what make it was but it was handling the rocks and bumps very well and the Husaberg was leaping about all over the place! When 115kgs starts moving around it takes some handling compared to a 15kg bicycle :lol:

My favorite DH track here (the Diciu at the back of Sinaia, from 2000m) has gone to asphalt of all things. So sad. 16 km of slab rock, steps, loose and wash outs. All DH, it used to be non-stop, and some of the smoother stretches used to top out at 50 kph.

That old Cobra floats at that speed, it's ace. The main enemy is as always, rolling side-off loose rocks, stepping a wheel out. You go down in a millisecond at that speed, without knowing what's hit you.

Back