Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Billing 4x4 and militaria show

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone was going along and what it was like in previous years??

13th-14th april.

The website says they've got a new challenging off road track.

Billing used to be the LRO show, but they relocated. Not sure about the new iteration.

LRO don't have anything to do with sponsoring Billing this year (as an LRO forum moderator its been discussed to death over there). Billing (and Harrogate or Driffield as was) have both been dropped from LRO sponsorship leaving only Peterbrough. That said, there will still be a very large Land Rover presence at Billing.

It does say its an all makes show on the webpage.

Not that its much of a webpage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
LRO don't have anything to do with sponsoring Billing this year (as an LRO forum moderator its been discussed to death over there). Billing (and Harrogate or Driffield as was) have both been dropped from LRO sponsorship leaving only Peterbrough. That said, there will still be a very large Land Rover presence at Billing.

Christ, I am still a member of that forum, but not used it for a long time!!

I might go, just to have a good laugh at the expense of those fool Land Rover Owners (of which I was one).

John

I went a few years ago (pics in my build thread some where.) :think:

First thing I saw when I got there was a freelander being towed in by an AA van. :icon-rolleyes:

Not a bad show, but obviously nearly all landrovers. Did spot a couple of Cruisers though. :icon-biggrin:

Its only 30 mins away from me, probably go on the saturday.

I'd guessed it was going to be mainly land rovers, my mate is going in his wrangler to try and balance things out a bit too.

Went to billing today, not much there really.
Only a handful of trade stands, which was a little dissapointing. I thought it might have been a good place to pick up some nice bits.
About 10 club stands there including the military clubs,which was nice to see.
Lots of trick suspension doing some impressive stuff on the twist off ramp.
It did seem expensive at £10 a head as you could have looked at eveything within 30 mins.
Went to the off road course which wasn't too bad, there was an easy and harder course. Quite slippery in places with the odd vehicle needing to be recovered.
No other Cruisers there but there was a Hilux :icon-biggrin:

One of them had this really trick hydraulic system and was able to push the back wheel back down on the floor when it lifted.
That was moments before he rolled it off the ramp at the request of the compere and crowd.

I only got beat by people with 3 link set ups, but 3 link set ups do not drive ok on the road.

But people upgraded them to 3 link on the front and 4 link on the rear.

Back