Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bit of a project going on.....

The existing roof. Just wondering really as the vehicle is designed to go over difficult terrain there must be loads of twisting force. They always say when a sports car gets turned into a convertible it loses structural rigidity.

I have had the Alu-Cab roof fitted to my Troopy, so far no issues with any twisting or anything like that.........

Dont suppose you have a photo of how the bed hinges do you please charlie?

Sounds good dave thanks. Have you any plans in being in there area soon?
Ill drop you a fb message.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Email sent, not sure if it will help or not.

use 2 hooks at the short side of the bed to clip it to the roof so it lifts from the angle sections.

It's easy just cutting a hole dervis.

I'm sorting the bed frame next.Hopefully keep it simple and usable.

Whats the speed rating of the alu roof? Could be useful for sleeping on the motorway

Bed frame cut to size and weled together this eve. After that i made a list of jobs hat need doing tomorrow eve. I need to take the tent back off the truck to allow me to do the final fixing pints that i needthen put it back together.
I expect a couple more evenings will see the tent finished and the bed usable.

Next job will be to tidy the metalwork off and finish the hole somehow.then its moving onto the inside.

We have a lanning trip in march so i at least need to be able to sleep in it. Plus i need to gst the eberspacher fitted as its still a little nippy.

So the beds sorted.
The night heater is now in.
The ostrich is back on.

It's all water tight and I'm loving it. Still everything to do internally but it will do for a camping/landing trip coming soon.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thats not looking half bad there Karl. Looking forward to the internal pics and seeing it finished off beautifully inside. I’ve got a roll of roof lining type material in chocolate brown if it’s any help but I’m guessing your colour scheme inside is grey.

Back