Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ40 - Manufacture date help.

zerowind

Country Flag
united_states
Hello gang,

I recently purchased a slick BJ40 (LV-KCW / frame number BJ4000904017) with an original German title, appraisal, but no other paperwork. Listed on the title and appraisal are "original registration dates" of 26 August, 1980. I guess I am looking for a way to cross check the frame number (or any other tells) to see the Cruiser's actual manufacture date. This will help me sleep better at night, order parts, and not miss her birthday.

Thanks for any help,
-Jay

Try www.toyodiy.com

LV-KCW reads as production up to 6/1980 - 3litre diesel, lhd, barn doors, 4 spd.

My production data has become corrupted after a computer problem. Once i get it back, if I do, I'll tell you more.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks for the responses gents,
@tonytoyota Pics are here on my intro post: So. . . I pulled the trigger and bought a BJ40. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
Here's what I learned: for the frame number BJ4000904017, a zero has to be removed to give you BJ40-0904017. This format made ToyoDIY happy. If this is correct then it appears to be one of the later European frames (mine 4017, last 4081), which is kinda neat.
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.49.15 PM.png

Back