Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blown Turbo

stuarttottles

Country Flag
uk
The Turbo on my 2006 land cruiser 3LD4D has blown, I am looking at buying a new one from a company called Maxspeedingrod.co.uk. they are based in Portsmouth, has any one had any dealings with them.

Thanks
Stuart

Cheap chinese junk, that may, or probably won't, last the distance.

Silly question probably but how much is one from Toyota ?

Lots of people i know had turbos rebuilt for their Toyota Supras but most don't
seem to last anything like as long as a new one does.

On the Supra they are around £1200 each

Stuart

Just got off the phone with Mr T.
Not sure if you have read my saga 'My New Purchase!' i have now just booked in to have the turbo done on my insurance policy as it making a horrible noise with bearings badly worn!
Mr T. called up the broker with 2 options, remanufactured or new and they just said put a new one on! :thumbup:, job is priced at about £2k to the insurance company, as silvercruiser pointed out Toyota use TurboTechnics who supply mine for about £1500 for brand new or £700 for remanufactured (these are approx Toyota quoted prices)

The other interesting thing that came out of the conversation was, if i had had an extended Toyota warranty (2 years @ £1700) they would have at best replaced just the bearings and my car would have been in for at least a week as they send the turbo away, my RAC policy (1 year £400) half a day job and brand new turbo!

So i am sure you can guess i am very happy :icon-biggrin:

Good luck with the repairs!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simon Let me know when you want to sell your LC, it will be a brand new car soon :lol:

Back