Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bobs 1996 4.2td 24v manual VX with full leather

L

LandCruiser1978

kjkljkljlkj

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn - timing sucks. Exactly what I'm looking for, quietly. But I suspect too soon for me to move on.

Best of luck with the sale - hopefully it goes to someone who'll cherish it.

Cheers

And if it were a 97, red green or blue, I'd be on my way already. :thumbup:

Very nice looking truck, but not quite hitting all my buttons this time.

Chris

Perfect. Why Gav, is there an issue with some of these fine car dealers! If they'd take a little less for cash - I'd have it. It's a Cruiser, what is there that couldn't be fixed?

Sorry Geordie - we shouldn't hijack your ad.

:text-threadjacked:

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well we spoke about this last night but I didn't think you would put it on so soon. I know you have been torn between selling or keeping. I would be too with a truck like that. Sorry to see you put it of for grabs. :thumbdown:

For those who have not seen this I have to say its one of the nicest 80s I have ever seem. Its sounds lovely, drives nice and its really tidy. It also looks the dogs danglies too. I only wish I was selling mine to buy this. For those of you that are looking for one of the best 80 series around then if funds will allow I would recommend you buy this one.

Oh and before you ask, no I'm not on commission! I genuinely think its a damn fine truck :thumbup:

Can't say better than that can you. Unfortunately as I said, it's not quite what I am looking for. Damned tempting though :whistle:

Chris

Bill it breaks my heart to sell it .. But i will say it will be the last landcruiser or 4x4 i own .
Unless i ever get the chance to buy this one back !

If you've had the best not even gonna try the rest

This is what i have written down for service history
The PO owned from 50k to 170k and assured me it was over serviced from the begining
service is OIL, OIL FILTER , FUEL FILTER , AIR FILTER , GREASE PROPS AND REPACK FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS

145k service
150k toyota clutch
152k service
155k alt and starter
156k service + gearbox oils , diff oils
159k service
160k replace calipers
162k service
164k front discs and pads & rear discs and pads
166k service
168k pas box changed
170k 2 Toyota batterys
<---------- I bought
172k service
177k service
179k anti freeze
181k service
184k gearbox oils , diff oils
185k snorkel , suspension , tyres
185,590 Front discs and pads rear pads
Due service now will supply with oil and filters and also tub of wheel bearing grease .

Chris said:
And if it were a 97, red green or blue, I'd be on my way already. :thumbup:

Very nice looking truck, but not quite hitting all my buttons this time.

Chris
Silly question maybe... Why 97?
Just starting some 80 series research ;)

Simple. It's the last off the production line, therefore the newest I can get. Nothing to do with specification or anything I just want to buy a really good one, stick it away in a shed ad bring it out in a few years to replace my current one, rather than wait till it expires and then join the scramble to get hold of one then.

Chris

landcruiser basic models changes
this is for vx diesel
1990-1992 smaller brakes , no abs , clunky autobox , no leather
1992 - 1994 larger brakes , abs , aircon , smoother autobox , leather
1994 - 1997 new T front grille , 24v engine , manual gearbox , leather , abs , aircon

uk supplied all came with 3 x difflocks

you can get GS GX VX
not 100% sure what trim came with what!

Hope this helps

They did keep making small changes, even for 97 they were adding and changing things e.g. resonator on air box top that quietens intake noise. Nothing to get too hung up about I don't think but changes none the less. I would buy on condition and spec rather than age though.

Don't disagree Jon, but I am looking for both factors. Nice newer one in preference to a nice older one. Mechanicals aren't really a problem, but you can't turn back the clock on bodywork etc. There may (I stress may) also be subtle improvements that Mr T made along the way that don't really show up. It would be nice to think that he sorted some of the causational factors in the manual box toward the end. I'm working on the premise that the newer it is, the less miles it will likely to have done. It's balance, I know.

Chris

I think the last of the 80 series also got the factory roof bars, which I think look really cool.

Gra.

They dod GRa and they look quite classy, but not helpful with a roof rack. Mulling that one over to be fair. Could I find a late one with no bars ... When you keep adding on the mulitiplers, you really narrow your search field quite a lot.

You can take them off, but what a pain.

Chris

I can feel exactly what you mean.
They do look very good, the last of the 80's, but for what you guys are wanting them for, perhaps roof bars isn't the smartest idea, but then a roof tent can fasten very nicely onto roof bars.

I guess the last of the 1997 80 series VX diesels are going to cost a pretty penny, that's for sure.

Gra.

Hi Geordie Boy. I just joined up to this forum as I'm trying to learn more about the 80 series (and am looking for one). Is yours still available? John

Back