Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bodywork quote - on the money?

whereisgibson

Went in to a local place to find out how much it would be to sort out the rust on the rear upper tailgate of my 80.
Window out, treat rust, repaint. - £300.

No idea if that's about right, daylight robbery, too cheap... advice please!

Don't want to do it myself, no space, no time.

I got quoted by my local £270 to cut a hole into the stop of my bonnet, fix in the hilux scoop and repaint. Your's sounds like more work than mine?

Either way, not exactly cheap...

Its a lot for what you want doing but I find that most people don't do much for less than £120 per day be it paint my windows or plaster my house! with parts also and some profit. You get to 300 quid! Do you think you could venture doing it yourself? I have just painted some parts on my Sharan(urghh) this week, apart from the paint not really matching which I blame on the compnay who mixed it, it turned out pretty good!

jonnie

Get a good tailgate from an 80 breaker, there are 3 known good ones. ready painted the right colour, way less than £300 and its a doddle to fit.

Andy :thumbup:

I just got quoted by a local firm to repair the damage on my roof done by the windscreen company and sort the top tailgate and in total it came to £400 and that includes front and rear screen out.

I did similar to what Andy is suggesting & found a good rust free replacement, although I couldn't get the right colour. :thumbdown:

I had it fully stripped, painted the right colour & built up with a new seal & it was £350.

Based on that, I wouldn't say your quote was out of the way, painting is expensive :shock: (When it's done by the professionals)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How about getting on of these on-site guys? I was quoted £120 to buff and respray portions of both sides of my 120. You could do all the bits yourself and just pay for repainting it.

Back