Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

boot lock

landcruiserjohnb

hi guys
I would be great full if someone could look at their cruiser and let me know if there is a piece of something plastic or rubber or gel in their upper boot lock.
The lock part which hooks onto the U bracket on the lower part of the boot.
A while ago I was scrapping out some crap from the upper lock area and a piece of something came out but I took no notice of it at the time.
But since then my boot will not close properly

Sorry you haven't had a reply on this one. We're usually a pretty quick bunch, but sometimes a question doesn't get an immediate response. Don't worry, someone will get a chance at some point I'm sure. Pics always help if you have any.

Chris

Not had a chance to post some pics up yet - but the locks are all very similar...

If you look at any of the other locks they all have a plastic sleeve over the metallic parts - if you'd inadvertently removed this it would explain the sloppy fit.

J

hi
thanks for the reply, the problem i have is there are no other cruisers around me to have a look.
If there was a plastic piece it is no longer there.
What can i do to fix this issue any ideas.
john

I meant all the locks on the cruiser are similar... so if you look at say the drivers door you will see a similar plastic insert...

You may be able to get the plastic part from a breaker - but if not swap out your lock and keep your existing barrel?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back