Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

brake pads and discs

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hey guys

noticed a metallic squealing sound coming from the rear brakes when applied and when turning left, had a look and the drivers rear disc is scored, attached some pics, is it likely new disc is needed? I was aware pads were low and a service was planned for may. passenger disc is fine.

has anyone tried milners discs/pads? or I did see on ebay some mintex ones, or europarts had eicher branded ones.

what do you guys think?

cheers
russell

IMG_1803_zpsvzbvzgkt.jpg

IMG_1804_zpszxw6kzj2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1804[1].JPG
    IMG_1804[1].JPG
    781.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1803[1].JPG
    IMG_1803[1].JPG
    750.5 KB · Views: 245
Hard to tell how bad it is from pictures. Certainly covers quite a large area. I'd be erring on the replace side. Roughtrax do genuine rear disks and pads at 150 quid a set. They'll be as good as anything.

Looks like the pad has worn down to the metal marking the disc.
I would be putting a new set of discs and pads accross the axle if it were mine, try Toyota for a price they are not as expensive as you may think and in my opinion its worth a bit extra to get OEM quality.

thanks all, I have gone for the set from rough trax, and big thanks to trev @ freedom 4x4 for making some time to fit me in an evening this week.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
big thanks to freedom 4x4 last night replacing the disc/pads + 1 caliper. smooth job

24092538-0b14-48c1-ab2d-a1967176f499_zpsoqe8jvqj.jpg

IMG_1823_zps8euumbcy.jpg

IMG_1824_zpsdpvbmejd.jpg

Back