Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake-Up Grade and Exhaust Options

Thanks Andrew :ugeek: for a very clear description, you have just reinforced my decision to get a 3" system. :D
Chas

Perhaps I should mention that I moonlight as a salesman for a custom exhaust fabricator :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am JOKING lest anyone takes me seriously

Just been sorting my new 3" exhaust with West Coast 4x4.
They have someone local that custom makes them but is in the process of knocking up a jig so they can stock them on the shelf, i'm going for 3" with one centre box, heard one running and its great.
Going to get the axle and the rebush done at the same time, just a pity they are so far from me, still, easy price to pay for such good service :D

Paul,
I like the sound of making a jig and "mass" producing them. Any idea on price, if you're happy to mention this on the forum? :mrgreen:
Where are you going to have pipe exiting - same place as stock or ahead of the rear wheel?
Cheers,

The price for the exhaust will be quoted just before it gets done as the price of stainless is so varied at the mo, so will see.
The design is different from standard so that it sits higher to the body and gives better clearance to the ground. I was planning on having it exit as the standard one does.

Now what should i do with the old exhaust............. ;) maybe i should just throw it away ;) ;) ;)

Paul said:
Now what should i do with the old exhaust............. ;) maybe i should just throw it away ;) ;) ;)
If the back section of your exhaust is intact (that sounds rather personal :shock: ) I'd be happy to take it off your hands :mrgreen: Mine is pretty rotten just ahead of the rear silencer and the exit got reshaped on the last outing to the Plain on the section where Crispin's 120 got stuck. Badly. 4 grown men couldn't push him out (or didn't really want to :lol: ).
Anyway I digress - I'm a buyer for the rear section of your exhaust if its sound :mrgreen: I presume it's standard btw?
I'd certainly be interested in a larger bore exhaust that exited at the rear - closer to the body sounds good too!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin got stuck????? I thought that was a joke ;) You'll be telling me next that he was recovered by an 80 :twisted:

On the exhaust front, the rear part was kind of promised to Rob as he asked quite a long time ago, he said it was a later type design i think, but if he doesn't need it any more then its all yours.

Andy said:
I'm a buyer for the rear section of your exhaust if its sound
I wish I'd have known - I junked mine at the scrapyard a month ago - you could have had it...

Paul said:
On the exhaust front, the rear part was kind of promised to Rob as he asked quite a long time ago, he said it was a later type design i think, but if he doesn't need it any more then its all yours.

Still waiting patiently :D

i want the smaller rear silencer as its neatly tucked out the way as opposed to my rather large later exhaust (hangs a little lower cos of the tow bar) which looks like someone got bored and decided to see how much damage a hammer can cause to an exhaust.

No worries Rob, its all yours.
Do you want everything that is left after the replacement? Not sure how they are going to remove it but i bet it won't be gently. I can give them instructions to save the back bit, is there a join on it?

There is a join so should bolt off. Also if the rear bracket is not needed i will gladly take that off you as well.

Back